How the fuck did Calderwood get us promoted? | Vital Football

How the fuck did Calderwood get us promoted?

Taylor82

Vital Squad Member
Amazing how he got us promoted automatically considering the league table with 7 games to go.

2nd: Carlisle - 38 played - 74 points
3rd: Doncaster - 40 played - 72 points
4th: Forest - 39 played - 63 points

:shrug:

The powers that be were losing too much money with a big club like us in a lowly league so they fixed the run in to get us back in the championship and making more money for them.

Calderwood was dragging us back to grim League One until the KING :bow: arrived and brought in Turner in goal who saved a penalty at Oakwell to earn a point. Blackstock who got the winner (the catalyst for keeping us up) against Bristol City and won us a point at Blackpool. And Chrissy Gunter at right-back. Went unbeaten in the last six games and stayed up comfortably.

Because he's the most underrated Forest manager of the last 40 years
No, he wasn't.

Dreadful, dreary football with a team far too good to be in that division; and the majority of the best players signed by his predecessors. Managed to destroy Grant Holt's forest career despite him being the outstanding striker at the club. Sold Nicky Southall at Christmas when he was our key player feeding Holt. And oh look, we collapse second half of the season

Calderwood was dragging us back to grim League One until the KING :bow: arrived and brought in Turner in goal who saved a penalty at Oakwell to earn a point. Blackstock who got the winner (the catalyst for keeping us up) against Bristol City and won us a point at Blackpool. And Chrissy Gunter at right-back. Went unbeaten in the last six games and stayed up comfortably.

What has this got to do with your original subject?

Interestingly, the "king" has not sat on a throne for the last 6yrs, which say a lot about his so called footballing royalty

No, he wasn't.

Dreadful, dreary football with a team far too good to be in that division; and the majority of the best players signed by his predecessors. Managed to destroy Grant Holt's forest career despite him being the outstanding striker at the club. Sold Nicky Southall at Christmas when he was our key player feeding Holt. And oh look, we collapse second half of the season

I was only fishing but I'd have him back before a few of our post BC managers.

If right now you could hire Davies, Atkinson, Megson, Cotterill or Calderwood whom would you pick?
For the current situation, Megson or Calderwood.

Hear me out!

For a start, we aren't actually playing football. So that's the main objection out of the way.

Look at Megson's signings and then look at Calderwood's promotion team.

Clingan, Tyson, Holt, Breckin, Bennett were all Megson players.

Calderwood signed Smith (utter shit), Wilson, Agogo, Chambers, Cohen.

I would say that Megson shades it, especially as Southall was a key player in 06-7 until CC sold him and we collapsed. But Calderwood also proves himself able to bring in good players.

Yes, there were misses. But he inherited a truly cancerous club. Calderwood benefitted from that.

So either for the purposes of development.