How much will he increase the ticket prices? | Vital Football

How much will he increase the ticket prices?

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
He got away with it last season against a tin pot team like Cardiff, so no doubt expect more of the same again against the mighty Ammers. Probably a minimum £30 for adults?

Possibly, although I would argue that they are at least a proper PL team and even their B team will have a few names that we will recognise.

All he has to say is the extra will go towards strengthening the team and I think most people would probably be OK with it.

It will be a bumper crowd and we only normally allocate 1500 to away fans so there will be a lot more upset Hammers than Gills fans.

I think FA rule is 15% but can be overridden by local safety committee. Not sure if attendance is now 11,500 or down to 10,500 for safety certificate.

So either we only give then the town end (1,500 i believe) or we give them town end plus a bit of a stand - f knows lol.

Attendance for the Cardiff game was 7,090 according to the BBC.

Another hike could bring the same result. If he wants a sell out, he shouldn't take the p*ss.

TBF, both sides need to agree to the prices in the FA Cup, so Scally's not solely to blame and to be honest I wouldn't begrudge paying £25-£30 to see us play and possibly beat West Ham. Our highest ever all-seater attendance (11,418) was the last time the Spammers came to town in 2003, I'd hope for something similar this time around.

Hike it up Scally, try too get some revenue in although I can see it now whatever we get to spend on squad it won’t be good Enough for some.

Attendance for the Cardiff game was 7,090 according to the BBC.

Another hike could bring the same result. If he wants a sell out, he shouldn't take the p*ss.

Do you agree that he should attempt to set the price at such a level that will maximise total gate receipts for the club’s coffers?

Do you agree that he should attempt to set the price at such a level that will maximise total gate receipts for the club’s coffers?
Are you saying that an attendance of 7000 at the raised price maximised the gate receipts from that game? Of course its all hypothetical, but i suspect he would have made more cash from selling them at usual matchday price as most people believe we would have sold out.

I think west ham is just about a big enough draw to get a sell out at last seasons fa cup prices. I hope for gfcs sake he doesnt raise them more, as i think that would put many off and actually it would be counterproductive.

Are you saying that an attendance of 7000 at the raised price maximised the gate receipts from that game? Of course its all hypothetical, but i suspect he would have made more cash from selling them at usual matchday price as most people believe we would have sold out.

I think west ham is just about a big enough draw to get a sell out at last seasons fa cup prices. I hope for gfcs sake he doesnt raise them more, as i think that would put many off and actually it would be counterproductive.

I think that cheaper ticket prices for the Cardiff game woulg have had a negligible impact on the attendance.

I was just gently challenging those posters who seem to feel that the club is some kind of charity.