How much trouble are Spurs now in? | Page 5 | Vital Football

How much trouble are Spurs now in?

To answer the question that I posed when starting this thread:

alot, and it's going to get alot worse before it can get better.

Hubris has taken over and Poch is the prime suspect.

Poch is not arrogant or over confident , he has indicated his concerns and is trying to manage it.

He is very arrogant and Stubborn.

He cant see any other way but his own which has been shown up.

It's been shown to be wanting - he now has to put his ego away and stop talking about his 'philosophy' or 'the project' or even the 'stadium' - what he has to do now, is get this bunch of players back to their best and playing as a team again - for the whole or as close to the 90 mins as he can - and that includes him making substitute decisions that are proactive, not reactive.

It's been shown to be wanting - he now has to put his ego away and stop talking about his 'philosophy' or 'the project' or even the 'stadium' - what he has to do now, is get this bunch of players back to their best and playing as a team again - for the whole or as close to the 90 mins as he can - and that includes him making substitute decisions that are proactive, not reactive.

Saying that, I don't think his game management was as bad as the Watford game. When I saw the team sheet I was pleased to see the loading of the midfield versus the temptation to put the extra man, Sanchez, in the back line. We were supposed to be seeing Dier dropping in between Toby and Jan with Winks and Dembele still having numbers in the middle. We were supposed to be seeing Rose and Trips taking more responsibility for the space in behind them but also getting forward.

Would be nice to see some more incisive subs though. No surprises that the 3 centre mids all got the hook at some point. Was also painful watching Doucoure again in the later game. He was immense for Watford against Utd after destroying us. What I'd give to have a fighter with a good touch like that in our midfield right now.

Bullshit. A lot of infantile hand-wringing over non-surprising events.

What a bunch of depressed and fatalistic conclusions after five f^ken games!

I'm as frustrated by Poch's team selections/formation choices in some games, and we all know he's needs to have a better game-feel for subs & changes, but holy shit! You'd think we're 0 for 5 with a -16 goal diff.

But it's all in the dumper because we lost a match to a consensus title challenger? F^ck that.

Spurs are in fine shape.

xvausch, I respect your stance. I am one of the folks kind of seeing things falling apart. Changes must be made though....

My only retort to you is...why are we not challenging for the title?

xvausch, I respect your stance. I am one of the folks kind of seeing things falling apart. Changes must be made though....

Why do you suggest that we are NOT?

Pretty sure no Prem season has been decided in the first 5 games.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING would suggest we should be in much worse shape than we are, and yet, we are not.

3 wins from 5 including a massive win against a top6 opponent away, and a not unexpected loss to a purported title contender at our away-home.

Wring your hands and pull your hair over that if ya like, I'm not gonna.

Why do you suggest that we are NOT?

Pretty sure no Prem season has been decided in the first 5 games.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING would suggest we should be in much worse shape than we are, and yet, we are not.

3 wins from 5 including a massive win against a top6 opponent away, and a not unexpected loss to a purported title contender at our away-home.

Wring your hands and pull your hair over that if ya like, I'm not gonna.

Think you may have misunderstood me. When I said "Why are we not challenging for the title"...I said that to challenge what you said about Liverpool being a consensus title challenger.

I don't believe we are thought of as a consensus title challenger and I am not sure if we ever have. For a huge club like us that has finished consistently as high as we have in the league...why not? Liverpool has one outstanding run in the CL and BAM all of a sudden they are legitimate consensus title challengers...and they have not been anywhere near as consistent as us in the league.

I hate teams that 'buy' their titles, and believe me I don't want to be that kind of club...but...I will leave it at that, I am sure you understand.

So like I said I respect your stance and believe me I honestly hope the guys turn this around, just looks a bit troubling at the moment.

The consistency factor is interesting because we have finished probably higher than expected or should have the last few seasons.

The big clubs have all had disappointing seasons over the same period despite having mega bucks players. Man U, Chavs, City and Arse have all suffered but come back.

With no spending and no home and our new home to pay for and settle in to. Maybe this is our season to take a step back. ? I would like to have a pop at a cup or two but as Poch says....We need to be realistic.

What are mopos latest comments about lol

Mental

Experience is like a cow who sees a train every day for ten years, the train crossing in front, and if you ask the cow when the train is coming, she's not going to answer”.
1 minute ago
Does he mean...The cow sees the train at the same time everyday and knows to stay out the way . She's experienced.

Does he mean...The cow sees the train at the same time everyday and knows to stay out the way . She's experienced.
What are mopos latest comments about lol

Mental

Experience is like a cow who sees a train every day for ten years, the train crossing in front, and if you ask the cow when the train is coming, she's not going to answer”.
1 minute ago

I think he means that he has seen Levy and ENIC doing the same thing for many years but if you ask him about he is not going to say anything ( on account of he wants to keep his big fat salary)

Over reaction , we narrowly lost to a team which had hundreds of millions investment. Something we couldn't do. They were already strong. Their finishing was woeful.

Sorry mate, no over reaction. So this will be our excuse each time we play a team that has invested more than Spurs?
We were garbage.....against a L'pool team at a canter.

Bullshit. A lot of infantile hand-wringing over non-surprising events.

What a bunch of depressed and fatalistic conclusions after five f^ken games!

I'm as frustrated by Poch's team selections/formation choices in some games, and we all know he's needs to have a better game-feel for subs & changes, but holy shit! You'd think we're 0 for 5 with a -16 goal diff.

But it's all in the dumper because we lost a match to a consensus title challenger? F^ck that.

Spurs are in fine shape.

Who said that? I can't tell who it is as their head is in the sand!

Think you may have misunderstood me. When I said "Why are we not challenging for the title"...I said that to challenge what you said about Liverpool being a consensus title challenger.

I don't believe we are thought of as a consensus title challenger and I am not sure if we ever have. For a huge club like us that has finished consistently as high as we have in the league...why not? Liverpool has one outstanding run in the CL and BAM all of a sudden they are legitimate consensus title challengers...and they have not been anywhere near as consistent as us in the league.

I hate teams that 'buy' their titles, and believe me I don't want to be that kind of club...but...I will leave it at that, I am sure you understand.

So like I said I respect your stance and believe me I honestly hope the guys turn this around, just looks a bit troubling at the moment.
But have you watched Liverpool? They're finding ways to win, and it's not dumb luck. They are legitimate title challengers regardless of their CL run last time.

Liverpool are spending like 100 times more than we are. They have to win something we dont, cause we have no ambitions, obviously. I hope we are not spending because of the stadium issues and not for the pockets of the owner. But spending 0 is a clear indicator that our club has no ambition. Not even a silverware winning team spends nothing. In a league where everyone is spending a lot of money, especially with 5 teams who can buy higher profiled players than us. It is hard to compete, even Athletico and Dortmund were spending big when they won the league. So if we are in the title contention we can be happy, but it is not where we belong. Our manager is overachieving, that this wont work every season should be obvious. I also think the selection he did was not good enough, but maybe the alternatives were not better or he noticed that they were tired. Cant blame him really, his boss has 0 ambitions and he shows him that quit clearly. We are a top club and are after grealish and zaha? really. 0 Ambition. If we want to win something we should be after players lik Isco, Bale, Keita, players who are proven and cost a lot. Not nobodys like zaha and grealish. As long as this is the case we wont win sh*t. And if we still win something, very lucky

Regular title contenders in other leagues:
France:
PSG (biggest spender of the league)

Germany
Bayern (biggest spender of the league)
Dortmund (2nd biggest spender)

Spain
Barca, Real (biggest spender)
Athletico (3rd biggest spender)

Italy
Juventus (biggest spender)