How much trouble are Spurs now in? | Page 4 | Vital Football

How much trouble are Spurs now in?

I'm sure some would still say the club is moving forwards if all that happens USA.

Lets face it since the 2016/17 season we have stagnated. Our chairman isn't interested in spending the money required and Poch has signed some very average players.

All of our best players have been run into the ground.

The squad needs trimming, we have way too many average players in the squad.

Then we either get our better players signing new deals. If not we sell.

The squad only needed tweaking here and there over the last 3 transfer windows. But as we have royally screwed that up we will need quite a few new faces in for next season.

A new formation against the in form PL team. I will tell you were today’s game came from.

We lost that on two bullshit goals. They didn’t win the game. We handed it to them.

We wont win anything with the current board.

They point blank refuse to invest money into the playing side.

Liverpool have.

Ox
Fabinho
Henderson
Milner
Wijnaldum
Keita

As Cm options

We have

Winks
Dembele
Wanyama
Dier

Levels

Ox is injured , Milner is long in the tooth, Henderson a donkey. Alli should really be in our MF list , we also have Sissoko as a last resort, Skipp and Amos coming through. Marsh also. Liverpool spend, we develop.

Ox is injured , Milner is long in the tooth, Henderson a donkey. Alli should really be in our MF list , we also have Sissoko as a last resort, Skipp and Amos coming through. Marsh also. Liverpool spend, we develop.

Wanyama is injued and Dembele a perma injured

who have we developed through our own academy Kane and Winks - Liverpool had trent arnold - so thats one less.

Henderson would ease into our squad

We were pretty shite.

Yet we continue to play Dier and Dembele as our main central players.

Poch should have shown some grape fruits and played one of our young CM's when all of our first choices are either not good enough or still injured.

But we develop. :rolleyes:

We were pretty shite.

Yet we continue to play Dier and Dembele as our main central players.

Poch should have shown some grape fruits and played one of our young CM's when all of our first choices are either not good enough or still injured.

But we develop. :rolleyes:

How has this utter myth turned into fact

Kane/Winks/Mason/Bentaleb/KWP/Onamah have played any serious numbers of games under mopo

KWP has been trusted so much we brought in Serge

Mason was sold

Winks decent

Sherwood gave Kane his start

Onamah at wed

Not really a ringing endorsement of our academy

Also on par with most other big clubs - I imagine Jose at United isn’t far off the numbers above

Didn't Tim play Bentaleb and Mason? So Poch doesn't get the credit for them two either.
Poch doesn't rate Onomah, two season running he has been loaned out. Same goes for CCV.

KWP can't get a sniff.

This was the season Poch should have really pushed through a few of our youth players.

The club is stagnating. Our fans yesterday were so bored and quiet it was unreal.

Lucas tried to get them going. But they were not interested.

If this carries on we will have a half empty new stadium with zero atmosphere.

Didn't Tim play Bentaleb and Mason? So Poch doesn't get the credit for them two either.
Poch doesn't rate Onomah, two season running he has been loaned out. Same goes for CCV.

KWP can't get a sniff.

This was the season Poch should have really pushed through a few of our youth players.

The club is stagnating. Our fans yesterday were so bored and quiet it was unreal.

Lucas tried to get them going. But they were not interested.

If this carries on we will have a half empty new stadium with zero atmosphere.

Think your right on Bentaleb - he off loaded him anyway

Mason came on against Forest in league Cup?

I seem to have a memory of Mason playing at Arsenal - was that under Sherwood?

Levy has lost control of the club, everything is out of his control now.

Contracts if star players, stadium and player values.

How much trouble are Spurs now in?

If we can’t learn from the Watford game, and perform like we did in front of 75000 Spurs fans, then I’m afraid we’re all in a fair amount of trouble if you expect Spurs to emulate or improve on last season.

Any business, team, individual or even a family unit should strive and plan to improve as they grow..basic stuff. It may be a bit early to panic, but the signs indicate we’ve not done all we can to ensure improvement this season.

I understand nurturing a close group with minimal changes over the years can be beneficial, (no signings) but only if you have the correct fit, and attitudes that will sustain and keep motivated. Too many players having their heads turned does nothing for the long term mateship and detracts their form. Rose, Toby, Dier, Eriksen, Dele and even Kane are performing well below form yet have no trouble drawing their wages, and continue to be selected.

Lamela aside, our squad options are very poor for a team that considers itself a top four contender, or for a Club that should be geared to challenge for the title.

Some mentioned a degree of staleness throughout the camp. How true!

Not really buying the issues with our first 11. Loris
Rose
Alderweirld
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Trippier
Wanyama
Dele
Ericksen
Son
Kane

Lucas
Winks
Lamela
Dembele

That fifteen is a top three set up the real weakness is in every thing under it. In a world where we compete for the title. Every area of the squad has a player of top quality viaing for their spot. I think at wide forward we have that Son/Lamela/Lucas. Center Forward Llorente!!?
RB Aurier?!!
LB Davis?!!
Ericksen needs an Insigne level challenge. Harry a Werner. Think Levy will spend 130 million to make it happen??

Last edited:
Over reaction , we narrowly lost to a team which had hundreds of millions investment. Something we couldn't do. They were already strong. Their finishing was woeful.

We couldn't spend at all IMO. Certainly not big, keeping pace with the big boys was never happening.

So Poch has to do the best with what he has whether he is doing that is debatable .We can't keep looking over the fence at the green grass and be envious of money others had available.

The title was always going to be near impossible. Let's hope we have cup runs and prioritise them. I did suggest maybe we should write this season off and bring youngsters forward with constant game time.

We couldn't spend at all IMO. Certainly not big, keeping pace with the big boys was never happening.

So Poch has to do the best with what he has whether he is doing that is debatable .We can't keep looking over the fence at the green grass and be envious of money others had available.

The title was always going to be near impossible. Let's hope we have cup runs and prioritise them. I did suggest maybe we should write this season off and bring youngsters forward with constant game time.

I think most would understand and accept us playing a few more youngsters.

It makes more sense than running players into the ground and playing players that are way off form.

Remember Poch is in his 5th season, his apprenticeship is over.

I think most would understand and accept us playing a few more youngsters.

It makes more sense than running players into the ground and playing players that are way off form.

Remember Poch is in his 5th season, his apprenticeship is over.

I've got the feeling Poch is in his last season.

To answer the question that I posed when starting this thread:

alot, and it's going to get alot worse before it can get better.

Hubris has taken over and Poch is the prime suspect.

Bullshit. A lot of infantile hand-wringing over non-surprising events.

What a bunch of depressed and fatalistic conclusions after five f^ken games!

I'm as frustrated by Poch's team selections/formation choices in some games, and we all know he's needs to have a better game-feel for subs & changes, but holy shit! You'd think we're 0 for 5 with a -16 goal diff.

But it's all in the dumper because we lost a match to a consensus title challenger? F^ck that.

Spurs are in fine shape.

Bullshit. A lot of infantile hand-wringing over non-surprising events.

What a bunch of depressed and fatalistic conclusions after five f^ken games!

I'm as frustrated by Poch's team selections/formation choices in some games, and we all know he's needs to have a better game-feel for subs & changes, but holy shit! You'd think we're 0 for 5 with a -16 goal diff.

But it's all in the dumper because we lost a match to a consensus title challenger? F^ck that.

Spurs are in fine shape.

At last some balance. I agree we need to wait and see. I am disappointed too but it's too early to judge. 5 games and we won 3 and were robbed against pool. It doesn't matter we played poor, we should have got a point and had chances to win. We are not at our best but we have WC returnees who need rest. Too much being read into this IMO but we will see.