How much trouble are Spurs now in? | Page 11 | Vital Football

How much trouble are Spurs now in?

I fear le arse are on the rise once more.....their play is so pacey and direct....oooeeerr. ...I knew Wenger should have stayed on!

People keep writing them off as lucky whilst ignoring out luck.

Arsenal are a better team than us at the moment and unless we improve they will smash us in a few weeks.

People keep writing them off as lucky whilst ignoring out luck.

Arsenal are a better team than us at the moment and unless we improve they will smash us in a few weeks.

If they do it will show how much our form has dropped.

The form we showed two years ago they wouldn't get a sniff.

They are pleasing on the eye, but they always have been. They still look flaky to me.

We need to sort our spine put again. Get some fresh blood in. When we do we should start progressing again.

Of course that could be too late by then, our big stars may want out.

If they do it will show how much our form has dropped.

The form we showed two years ago they wouldn't get a sniff.

They are pleasing on the eye, but they always have been. They still look flaky to me.

We need to sort our spine put again. Get some fresh blood in. When we do we should start progressing again.

Of course that could be too late by then, our big stars may want out.

I have heard their defence is poor but I don't watch the arse so can't comment. In a few weeks we could have Alli and Vert back and a sharp Eriksen . I would expect a close game .

Manager seems pissed off

“The season so far?” said Mauricio Pochettino as he considered the question. “It’s strange because my feeling is the worst feeling I’ve had in the five years that I’ve been here. It’s the worst. But it’s the best start ever for the club in the Premier League. It’s strange, no?”

At the end of a week in which his side conceded a late equaliser against PSV Eindhoven after a moment of madness from his goalkeeper and captain, Hugo Lloris, the Tottenham manager could not help revealing his frustration. The failure to beat the Dutch champions means that, despite seven victories from nine Premier League matches, Pochettino’s hopes of emulating last season’s run to the last 16 of the Champions League had all but evaporated before the clocks went back.

Before the daunting task of facing Manchester City at Wembley on Monday, it was intriguing to hear the former Argentina defender’s assessment of the campaign.

“I don’t know why, it is difficult to explain,” Pochettino said. “The circumstances, because many things happen; I am disappointed we are still waiting for the new stadium when the expectation was to be there at the beginning of the season. I don’t know, many things happened in the summer, many things that make myself not in my best mood or best humour. I know I always have a good relationship with you but my feeling is not the best feeling. I had better feelings in previous seasons.”

Pochettino laughed off suggestions he could replace Julen Lopetegui should the Real Madrid coach be sacked, so the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, will not be feeling threatened just yet. Pochettino’s five-year contract signed in the summer was a firm commitment as Spurs prepared to move into the newly refurbished White Hart Lane, but the delayed opening until the new year coupled with a lack of investment in the summer transfer window has not helped raise the manager’s spirits.

He has overseen Tottenham’s transformation into serial qualifiers for the Champions League with limited resources in comparison with most of their rivals but finds them agonisingly short of truly competing at the top, mainly because of restrictions imposed on him by the stadium costs.

“The circumstance that happened in the last years, I think the club is not focused completely in winning titles or winning games,” Pochettino admitted. “We have a lot of focus and you know very well when you are competing with sides, like we are in Champions League and Premier League, the most important thing is to fight in the same conditions as others.

“But the club needs to be all focused in trying to win titles. Because today we need to fix other problems and different circumstances that happen that don’t help the team or the club to only be focused on winning titles. Sometimes people expect that we should be winning or we must win titles when the circumstances are not ideal. To go further, you know better than us.”

As he acknowledged, a new stadium is no guarantee of success – especially against the spending power of a team such as City.

“I don’t have the answer how we are going to act when we are going to move there. It is easy to see in the last few years how we act in front of the market, how we act in front of everything and how the other teams were acting. That is the difference. Everything is not perfect but we are in a circumstance and a project that is completely different to another club, at the moment. But maybe when we arrive at the new stadium maybe we will be in the same project, have the same resources as different teams like Liverpool, Man City, United, Chelsea or Arsenal. The way we have been competing in the last few years, the frustration is massive because we have had less in every single aspect.”

Tottenham conceded seven goals against Pep Guardiola’s side last season in their two meetings and will be up against opponents who have spent around £360m more on transfers and three times as much on wages since 2015. No wonder it feels a bit like groundhog day for their manager.

I sympathise to a degree but that's a dreadful interview to give. Maybe his next book will be called "a timid new whinge"

Or he is putting the pressure on Levy to have a successful January window.

The problem is.....people don't change.

That said he has a point. Best start to a season. Still the feeling of discontent pervades. As I mentioned during the summer, a big signing was necessary to calm everyone's nerves. I was right.

The only option open is for Levy to deliver in January to change the mood. Levy doesn't give a naff about moods. But he had better give a naff about MP.

Or he is putting the pressure on Levy to have a successful January window.

The problem is.....people don't change.

That said he has a point. Best start to a season. Still the feeling of discontent pervades. As I mentioned during the summer, a big signing was necessary to calm everyone's nerves. I was right.

The only option open is for Levy to deliver in January to change the mood. Levy doesn't give a naff about moods. But he had better give a naff about MP.

On The Sunday Supplement yesterday, the journo Ian Ladyman was quite adamant that Poch was more than happy to let everyone believe that the lack of signings was all down to Levy, to deflect from his own role in it. ( Ex has been saying this all the time ).

Ladyman is quite right in pointing out that Poch has said enough times that he prefers to work with a smaller than average core of players, and was happy enough that as we didn't sell anyone , he didn't want any extra bodies in.

This is an interesting point for a couple of reasons, it makes it extra, extra hard for us to ever win anything as by the time the Cups get to the serious stage, our small squad has usually got a few injuries and a few knackered out players and no quality depth to cope, so out we go.
Secondly, if he ever goes to a top trophy winning club, he won't be able to continue with this core of 15/16 players only so he'll have to operate outside his comfort zone, and that coupled with his dislike for 'star' names or egos would hardly make him the ideal fit for a mega club.

On The Sunday Supplement yesterday, the journo Ian Ladyman was quite adamant that Poch was more than happy to let everyone believe that the lack of signings was all down to Levy, to deflect from his own role in it. ( Ex has been saying this all the time ).

Ladyman is quite right in pointing out that Poch has said enough times that he prefers to work with a smaller than average core of players, and was happy enough that as we didn't sell anyone , he didn't want any extra bodies in.

This is an interesting point for a couple of reasons, it makes it extra, extra hard for us to ever win anything as by the time the Cups get to the serious stage, our small squad has usually got a few injuries and a few knackered out players and no quality depth to cope, so out we go.
Secondly, if he ever goes to a top trophy winning club, he won't be able to continue with this core of 15/16 players only so he'll have to operate outside his comfort zone, and that coupled with his dislike for 'star' names or egos would hardly make him the ideal fit for a mega club.

Finally the media are picking up on this.

COmpletely agree with these posts. He also wouldn't be a good National Team manager.

How much trouble are we in?

Well, Tripps and Davies not as potent or effective as Rose and Walker.
We need to get Rose fit and an upgrade on Tripps and Serge.
Without Jan Verthongan, Toby not as effective (with Sanchez)
Dembele unfortunately is getting past his "best before date"
Dire can't seen to get comfortable in any position
Our play maker, Eriksen is not quite right with some underlying physical or medical issue.
We're playing without a center forward as Harry Kane is knackered both mentally and physically, and Poch too afraid to rest him due to lack of investments in that area.
Poch looks disheartened and not as passionate as he should.

All this, coupled with delays in the new stadium do not bode well for yet another season where we won't win the league or any Cups.

Ah, the joys of being a Yid.

Wasn't Jose on record when he was first at Chav saying he preferred to work with a smaller squad.