how much sleep do you get a night? | Vital Football

how much sleep do you get a night?

colavfc

Vital Football Hero
i am in a high stress job and sometimes dont sleep at all... then work for ten hours.... im going the docs over half term because im also having anxiety attacks.

how much sleep do you get? am i alone here? any tips?

3/4 hours a night due to too much alcohol and I eat once a day at 10pm.

Sleeps for wimps.

Between 3 and 6 hours, with the young kids i have i am lucky to get that sometimes when they am poorly not slept for nearly 3 days with worry lol that is bad though and knocked me about for a while after tbh

I normally get about 6 to 7 hours sleep a night on average. But when stressed or my brain is still wired from the day then that can drop to 3 to 4 hours. I can aslo wake up with my body shaking from anxiety. Is that something you may have experienced too?

Hope it gets better for you.

5 hours on average I'd say, and seriously , take note of the anxiety attacks, I started to get them about 6 yrs ago, add the lack of sleep, and the stress - and it adds up to a heart attack !

7-9 hours a night, depending on how tired I am. I just wake up when my body wants, which is sometimes less and sometimes more.

The key is not to worry about sleep. Sounds silly, but the more you worry about it, the less you'll get.

yeah i wake up with heart beating, hands shaking and over whelming feelings. can be very scary. im already on medication for hyperhydrosis and hyper tension so sleeping pills is a no go. i reckon i prob get 3-4 hours sleep a night some nights... 8 hours friday and saturday night and the rest a big fat zero. i have anxiety attacks often especially saturday mornings. doctors dont really give a shit. they just tell me to walk before bed and drink milk. wtf! tossers. as if i havnt tried that. nothing worse than drovig to work on no sleep with a full day of crap ahead. i agree heath. i think i work myself up and worry about not sleeping so much that i dont sleep. wierd. that said i think villa have given me a few sleepless nights. especially this year

I've not slept properly for twenty years. When I do sleep I get woken by horrendous nightmares. The slightest noise wakes me due to my increased hyper vigilance. When I wake up I'm drenched in sweat and the sheets can literally be wrung out with sweat. I've sprung out of bed a pinned my wife by the throat against a wall. Life's a bitch ain't it

It depends Col. Having health problems plus suffering with CFS (Constant Fatigue Syndrome) my sleep pattern is all over the place. Sometimes I can sleep round the clock and could go back to sleep. Other times I can't sleep cos of pain. Sometimes I only need 4 - 5 hours sleep and then I am wide awake.

The right amount of sleep is supposed to be 8 hours per night. I doubt many people do that. Stress won't help your sleep pattern at all. Plus the age we live in when we are surrounded by technology all the unseen 'data' or whatever it is called, does affect our health.

They advocate we don't have any technology in our bedrooms. However who doesn't at least have a TV system in their bedroom. Most of us have our mobiles and laptops etc, in the bedroom.

Yes I am the same Skeggy, though not for the same reasons. I too have awful nightmares so identify with how bad they can be.

colavfc - 18/5/2014 21:36

yeah i wake up with heart beating, hands shaking and over whelming feelings. can be very scary. im already on medication for hyperhydrosis and hyper tension so sleeping pills is a no go. i reckon i prob get 3-4 hours sleep a night some nights... 8 hours friday and saturday night and the rest a big fat zero. i have anxiety attacks often especially saturday mornings. doctors dont really give a shit. they just tell me to walk before bed and drink milk. wtf! tossers. as if i havnt tried that. nothing worse than drovig to work on no sleep with a full day of crap ahead. i agree heath. i think i work myself up and worry about not sleeping so much that i dont sleep. wierd. that said i think villa have given me a few sleepless nights. especially this year

Know how you feel. More than you think.

Oh yes I power nap 30 mins at lunch.

And have siesta Saturday and Sunday for 3 hours, suits me fine.

I don't know...I'm asleep.

Hope this helps lol

Seriously, given some of the things said, have you considered not physical elements but mental?

I sleep like shit, never have a full night through, but get about 7 hours in pieces because I struggle to switch off and there are plenty of times I wake having remembering vivid dreams - running etc - and wake with my legs feeling like I've done a marathon.

Finding a balance between physical tiredness and mental tiredness - if you can switch off and then use sleep for what it is, ie an abrigation of the days activities for long term memory, is the start. But it's not always the answer if you can't switch off, but if you can't, the key to that isn't sleep, it's how you approach sleep and the routine.

And I still haven't got it right either.

Col, sounds like, knowing you have a day of shit ahead might be your trigger here dude. Easier said than done I more than get, but you looking for a job you enjoy?

And Kef - I don't. Who needs a TV in the bedroom???

As ever Skeg, and Kef, on that score though, hope that is something that improves quickly as I do Col's problems.

Alot of people Mike. I know plenty who do. In our case, cos we can get incapacitated and need to stay in bed, re pain, flare ups etc. it can be pretty damn boring so yes we do have a TV and tech in the bedroom.

Thanks Mike. It is something you adjust to though never get used too. I always have relaxation music on when I got to sleep to shut my head up. It is also very useful in the night if I wake up with nightmares.

They aren't as frequent as they used to be. They used to be nightly. Therapy and stuff has helped that over the years. No pattern to them. They come and go as they please.

Always about the past and the stuff around ex and childhood. Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

Most people trouble with sleep is down to mental health stuff going on even if they don't realise it. Stress and anxiety are all part of.

Fair enough, didn't consider that initially....but it should be off at the plug at all other times, a bedroom should be a place for chandelliar swinging or sleep only lol

Meatload has a lot to answer for!

But agree, sleep issue aren't often physical if you have the balance, they are mental led, and in the case of Col given what he's said it sounds like knowing 'he's got a day of shit' ahead of him is the driver here sadly.

But having my own sleep problems though, heart more than goes out to those in a similar position, just wish you could click your fingers and sort it.