How Much for McKay? | Page 4 | Vital Football

How Much for McKay?

Getting 2.5m for Mackay and Kapino is outrageous
but genius.

Hope we can work another miracle when we get shut
of Zac Clough. Recouping £3M will take some doing
but Hey!!!

Last edited:
We would need Argentinian style inflation for him ever to be worth that kind of money.

You can have all of the talent in the world but if you do not have the application to go with it you will not get very far; he is going nowhere.

There were times last season he looked unplayable. Easily in the same bracket as Ince. He then proceeded to vanish up his own arsehole for the rest of the season which is why we are crowing over a potential profit rather than fretting over a big bid.

If Worrall can prompt interest at that level then a consistent McKay surely could too.

If reports are right we have factored that in to the deal which suggests we aren’t 100% convinced he won’t do precisely that.

I honestly don’t think he will but if he could marry up his ability with some real consistency and application then he could easily be worth that fee in today’s elevated market.

Last edited:
We would need Argentinian style inflation for him ever to be worth that kind of money.

You can have all of the talent in the world but if you do not have the application to go with it you will not get very far; he is going nowhere.

We have that level of inflation in footballing...

He has the talent for sure but he lacks the grit

Defenders soon worked out he lacked the fight and kicked him into his shell.

We have that level of inflation in footballing...

I would say that the inflationary fees paid outside of the top leagues has all but gone.

Some of the bigger clubs have over spent in the past and are wary of FFP and most of the smaller clubs just cannot afford to spend.

The market has been very quiet so far; We spent over 13m on Carvalho, Stoke 10m on Ince, Leeds a similar amount on Bamford and Boro 7m on Flint; without checking, there does not appear to be the same volume of transfers as at the same time last year.

It looks like a buyers market; even Peterborough came up short when selling a player and that does not happen too often.

Even if Mckay has an outstanding season at Swansea, which I doubt very much, his value will need to appreciate out of all recognition to reach 10m; he has undoubted talent but far too many flaws, a number of which you would struggle to coach out of him.

Who would be prepared to pay that kind of money for him?

He's a bang average Championship player who will flatter one week and be non existent the next.

Similar to Jamie Paterson, he'll be considered to be a 'good player' for a middling team but he's not the type of player who's going to get you promoted.

I would say that the inflationary fees paid outside of the top leagues has all but gone.

Some of the bigger clubs have over spent in the past and are wary of FFP and most of the smaller clubs just cannot afford to spend.

The market has been very quiet so far; We spent over 13m on Carvalho, Stoke 10m on Ince, Leeds a similar amount on Bamford and Boro 7m on Flint; without checking, there does not appear to be the same volume of transfers as at the same time last year.

It looks like a buyers market; even Peterborough came up short when selling a player and that does not happen too often.

Even if Mckay has an outstanding season at Swansea, which I doubt very much, his value will need to appreciate out of all recognition to reach 10m; he has undoubted talent but far too many flaws, a number of which you would struggle to coach out of him.

Who would be prepared to pay that kind of money for him?

Tom Ince...

Carvalho has played 7 first team games (ignoring a brief loan spell).

He's a bang average Championship player who will flatter one week and be non existent the next.

Similar to Jamie Paterson, he'll be considered to be a 'good player' for a middling team but he's not the type of player who's going to get you promoted.
Prob a fair comparison. I think Mckay looked pretty at times with that languid style and a bit of space but certainly, 'something' lacking. I thought Dowell was/is the better player, be interesting to see how he progresses