How Much for McKay? | Page 2 | Vital Football

How Much for McKay?

100% agree with this.

I wouldn't sell him cheap to a rival. It would be a mistake. The bloke's problem is in his head, not his feet and I don't want someone else in our division to solve that problem and get all the benefit.

By all means let someone have a crack at solving that problem for us

I also think this is a good idea. We have been smart so far in our purchases. We need to be smart in our sales too.

We also need incoming funds. From what I understand if Gonclaves does well then Forest plan to make the deal permanent with or without promotiion so expensive deadwood has to go.
He has shown flashes of brilliance that made me think 'oh my word, what a bargain' but then.....
That's at 2 clubs now.

My mate is a rangers fan, when we signed him he said ‘good player and can stand out, however as soon as it gets hard he disappears ‘
So this season hopefully Forest will be playing better football and he would fit in and do well - but is he really going to make the team?

I also think this is a good idea. We have been smart so far in our purchases. We need to be smart in our sales too.

If we can loan him out and recover what we paid for him, fine, but I think that ship has sailed.

From what I have read, and can see from the photographs, he has been cut adrift and has not been included in the first team pre season.

If that is the case, we are cutting our losses.

I would imagine that we are paying him more than some of the clubs interested in him would be willing to pay; therefore the aspect of compensating him for a drop in wage comes into play.

Whatever we get I bet the club sees little of it.

We made a healthy profit on Eric, we make a small loss on someone else; swings and roundabouts.

100% agree with this.

I wouldn't sell him cheap to a rival. It would be a mistake. The bloke's problem is in his head, not his feet and I don't want someone else in our division to solve that problem and get all the benefit.

By all means let someone have a crack at solving that problem for us

Agree with both!

If we sold him to Ipswich and its a big if it wont be for a lot as Ipswich have no money and their Owner is not known for spending decent money on players. Although they have just sold some young kid to Brizzle for an alledged 3.5mil.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave but far from heart broken. Have a feeling he'd shine in a more technical team - assuming attitude is correct which is a big assumption...

I'd be disappointed to see him leave but far from heart broken. Have a feeling he'd shine in a more technical team - assuming attitude is correct which is a big assumption...

He'll shine in any team until a defender kicks him.

Be interesting to see how he performs against us as that'll be the first thing we'll do, the first time he gets the ball.

Wouldn't sell him unless somebody willing to pay £2M+
Loan him and see how he goes?

He has three years of a contract to run; if he is on 10k per week that equates to 1.5m over the three years

A three year contract is a big benefit when you have a player you do not want to sell; it becomes a mill stone when you have a player you want to move on.

We have no option but to cut our losses.

Not really Mao.

We can loan him out, with nominal fee, so that his wage is fully covered - unless pre-agreed option to buy, as per Cummings.

If we sell, we'd ideally want to make a profit on the £400k (may have been lower) we paid for him - equally, frees up a wage.

My mate is a rangers fan, when we signed him he said ‘good player and can stand out, however as soon as it gets hard he disappears ‘
So this season hopefully Forest will be playing better football and he would fit in and do well - but is he really going to make the team?

Yep my boss, a Rangers fan, said similar.

"He'll be good / great until October and then disappear."

Still think he's got too much talent to write off, if we sell then we need sell on clauses etc, I can see him coming good at some point as he matures.

How old is he again? I always got the impression he was still a kid and he showed the ability for a third of the season, which kinda is the same as BB or Woz or Benny or any of the young players in the main.

Having showed promise in this league that has to add some value after just showing it in the Scottish league so we should make a profit, we have still invested in the development the last twelve months.

The value is ALWAYS what people are prepared to pay tho. I can see Ipswich paying a million and seeing that as value personally

Yep my boss, a Rangers fan, said similar.

"He'll be good / great until October and then disappear."

Still think he's got too much talent to write off, if we sell then we need sell on clauses etc, I can see him coming good at some point as he matures.

Well it looks like Karanka has written him off along with Mancienne, Traore, Ward, Vellios and Cummings, because none of them were evident at SGP for pre season.

I feel he has talent but is too easily bullied particularly in a midfield of similar stature. Play him till end of Oct, see if we can stretch his form to Nov. Give him Dec off then loan him out for the rest of the season.

I feel he has talent but is too easily bullied particularly in a midfield of similar stature. Play him till end of Oct, see if we can stretch his form to Nov. Give him Dec off then loan him out for the rest of the season.
I imagine that the Portuguese lads will be like McKay on salbutamol and he wont get anywhere near that standard

Well it looks like Karanka has written him off along with Mancienne, Traore, Ward, Vellios and Cummings, because none of them were evident at SGP for pre season.

Given what we've signed and his inconsistency right now, I'd probably let him go, but not without insurance against him coming good.

I'm pretty sure this lot in charge are savvy enough to put some clauses in place.