How Much for McKay? | Vital Football

How Much for McKay?

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
It's being reported that Ipswich are serious about signing Barrie McKay.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-linked-to-nottingham-forest-winger-barrie-mckay-1-5582835

I well appreciate some would virtually give him away, just to get rid - but I don't support that argument. We did a good job getting him for peanuts and Rangers fans were outraged at the time for getting rid for such a meager amount - that was our good fortune so we should be asking the going rate (whatever that is)

What sort of fee should we be asking bearing in mind he still has 3 years left on his contract?

I feel, with him still being young and still possessing a lot of potential talent we should be asking in the region of £2m/£2.5m.

It's being reported that Ipswich are serious about signing Barrie McKay.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-linked-to-nottingham-forest-winger-barrie-mckay-1-5582835

I well appreciate some would virtually give him away, just to get rid - but I don't support that argument. We did a good job getting him for peanuts and Rangers fans were outraged at the time for getting rid for such a meager amount - that was our good fortune so we should be asking the going rate (whatever that is)

What sort of fee should we be asking bearing in mind he still has 3 years left on his contract?

I feel, with him still being young and still possessing a lot of potential talent we should be asking in the region of £2m/£2.5m.

Do you seriously think his value has appreciated by 4 or 5 times over 28 games?

Changing the subject; I have a Ford Cortina mk2 for sale, 35k genuine miles, its yours for 75k - absolute steal!

Its not what we ask...its what the buyers r willing to pay....i doubt that we will manage to get more than 1.5 million...nd i m being generous here...

Do you seriously think his value has appreciated by 4 or 5 times over 28 games?

Changing the subject; I have a Ford Cortina mk2 for sale, 35k genuine miles, its yours for 75k - absolute steal!

Yes I seriously believe we can get a fair lump for him!!! it's only my opinion.

So now I've answered your question please answer my original question - It's not hard!!!!!

Just in case you've forgotten, here it is again.................

"What sort of fee should we be asking bearing in mind he still has 3 years left on his contract?"

Like I said - it is only MY OPINION - I was putting the question to all to get views of where people are on this - I didn't ask for ridiculous comparisons!!!

On the basis that we don’t want him there’s an element of take what you can get. A lot will also depend how many clubs are in for him and what they can afford.

If we could get £750k to £1m I would be more than happy.

Yes I seriously believe we can get a fair lump for him!!! it's only my opinion.

So now I've answered your question please answer my original question - It's not hard!!!!!

Just in case you've forgotten, here it is again.................

"What sort of fee should we be asking bearing in mind he still has 3 years left on his contract?"

Like I said - it is only MY OPINION - I was putting the question to all to get views of where people are on this - I didn't ask for ridiculous comparisons!!!

If we are lucky, 750k, being realistic we will take a loss.

Everyone and his dog knows we want to off load him; apart from you that is.

Therefore the length he has on his contract does not work in our favour

And you were the one being ridiculous quoting stupid figures.

Don't understand this take a loss business. He's clearly proved he has the ability to play in the championship. Agreed he was lightweight and went off the boil, but every time CP did a thread on opposition post match comments, it was always around how good McKay was! We want to sell, so ultimately we won't get a wad, but I'd expect at least £1.5/£2m for his goals and assists last season

Don't understand this take a loss business. He's clearly proved he has the ability to play in the championship. Agreed he was lightweight and went off the boil, but every time CP did a thread on opposition post match comments, it was always around how good McKay was! We want to sell, so ultimately we won't get a wad, but I'd expect at least £1.5/£2m for his goals and assists last season

Do clubs listen to fan opinion when deciding who to bid for or how much to bid?

I seriously doubt it Will

Other clubs will look at the facts:

we paid 500k for a player who is now light years from being in our squad

they know we want him off of our books

Anyone in their right mind would start the bidding around 250k and threaten to walk away at 400k; we will snap their hands off.

The only way I can see the fee being higher is if caveats are built in.

For the figures being quoted I wouldn't sell him I'd let Ipswich have him on loan for the season small downside if he has a bad season for a big upside if he has a good season.

We saw enough in the first half of the season to know there is talent there maybe he takes longer than a season to settle maybe he just can't apply himself either way loan him with a 3m take it or leave it next May you pay the wages

If we are lucky, 750k, being realistic we will take a loss.

Everyone and his dog knows we want to off load him; apart from you that is.

Therefore the length he has on his contract does not work in our favour

And you were the one being ridiculous quoting stupid figures.

The only thing we have going in our favour is Ipswich have come into a few bob Reading are about to do the same and they were interested so fingers crossed Reading out bid Ipswich other than that we will look to breakeven if we can, but like I said before I'd roll the dice and loan him out

He is a young and talented player who did ok for half a season in a poor squad - If I were in charge at a club like Ipswich I would certainly think he would be worth a gamble. I would be asking for higher price than we paid and expect we would get a couple of million (at current prices)

For the figures being quoted I wouldn't sell him I'd let Ipswich have him on loan for the season small downside if he has a bad season for a big upside if he has a good season.

We saw enough in the first half of the season to know there is talent there maybe he takes longer than a season to settle maybe he just can't apply himself either way loan him with a 3m take it or leave it next May you pay the wages

100% agree with this.

I wouldn't sell him cheap to a rival. It would be a mistake. The bloke's problem is in his head, not his feet and I don't want someone else in our division to solve that problem and get all the benefit.

By all means let someone have a crack at solving that problem for us