How many will we sell? | Vital Football

How many will we sell?

I`m afraid we all, probably, know of people who have already decided NOT to renew their ST`s next season. I was talking with three such adults on Saturday who have ST`s in the Lower Medway but, due mainly to the re-vamp, have decided not to renew.

If I still lived in Kent I would definitely renew my ST (in GR Gold) as i`m old fashioned enough to want to sit in the same place each game. I think you get a better perspective that way (though some, based on a prev discussion on this aspect - feel otherwise).

There are many different types of supporter, the die hard who goes regardless of league or position, the exile who goes when he can (often away games) the fair weather supporter who goes when the team are doing well, the last group are those who will go dependent on finances, these are the ones that I think this offer is targeting.

Unfortunately (hope I'm wrong) I think it will be around 2,750.

2,400. I think there won't be the uptake that the cub are hoping for, and many in the other stands won't renew for reasons already stated. What do I win?

I have long felt ticket sales at Gills (and probably most lower league clubs) are not especially price elastic. Generally the ticket deals we offer don't attract a great number more fans, and sadly I can't seen even a 25% reduction leading to a major increase in ST holders. It may persuade a good number who were thinking of not renewing to stick with it- but attracting new fans to lower league clubs is a much bigger issue.

I'd like to think that the gesture and positive noise will serve as good advertising/PR though, which may actually be more effective in reaching new fans than the discount.

Undisclosed.

I am undecided at the moment.

Financially its a no brainer as i would probably do most games.

The issue is do I want to commit to a full season of possibly more of the same or worse home performances.

Next couple of home games need to be good to lure me in .

At £30 a go for under 12s, I’m thinking of buying an adult and 10xU12 tickets all on the same row. Not planning on bringing any kids with me - just means that I won’t have to constantly vacate my seat during the game for people wanting to miss the toilet/food queue or people trying to get away for the train.

So count me in for 11.

I haven't had a season ticket for years due to work commitments and other things, but due to different circumstances now, I'll have only missed 3 games this season at Priestfield. I expect a similar pattern next season, so for me it's a no brainer. 20 x £24 is £480. That against £300 means I save £180.
And if we have a good season and I find myself going to all 23 games, it's a saving of £252, which works out at £13 per game, a saving of £11 on each match. Like I say, a total no brainer, I'll be getting one, as will a few others I know, based on the maths above!

Are they actually available to buy yet?
Had a look on the Facebook forums and Twitter, and not seen one person say they have bought one?

Gone on sale this morning, according to the club's Facebook page
So after all the hoo-ha on Friday it’s taken until midday the following Tuesday for them actually to be available to buy?
I wonder if the deadline will be extended by 4 days?