How Many Points | Page 4 | Vital Football

How Many Points

Fulham had the chance against a Wolves team that played on Monday and on a poor run to get something and blew it big style. We need to get another point, at least, to give us the chance to make last game of the season a non event

We are now the only team in the Premiership that has not won a game in the previous 5 games played and the odds for relegation are drifting. Present form suggests otherwise to me.

We are now the only team in the Premiership that has not won a game in the previous 5 games played and the odds for relegation are drifting. Present form suggests otherwise to me.
Another way of looking at it Mc is both Fulham and ourselves have accumulated 3 points in that time.

I think Ashley will fancy his chances, and rightly so IMO.

Bruce badly needs at least a point against West Ham or Arsenal for added security though.

Of course this stage of the season can throw up unexpected results, but those rules apply to us too, especially if Wilson and St Max are available.
The three draws and the unexpected Burnley win were massive for us.

Brighton
Chelsea (a)
Sheff Utd (a)
Leeds (h) Wolves (a) West Ham (h) Man City (h) Arsenal (a)

Burnley
Man Utd (a)
Wolves (a)
West Ham (h)
Fulham (a)
Leeds (h)
Liverpool (h)
Sheff Utd (a)

Toon
West Ham (h)
Liverpool (a)
Arsenal (h)
Leicester (a)
Man City (h)
Sheff Utd (h)
Fulham (a)

Fulham

Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (a)
Burnley (h)
Sthampton (a)
Man Utd (a)
Us (h)

If West Brom win another three games then they could leapfrog us if we don’t pick up points. Unlikely but strager things have happened especially with Allardyce in charge.

You would have been excused last night for thinking Southampton had a semi final FA cup match in 6 days time and the players didn't want to miss it through injury or suspension. The odds for the Baggies being relegated is around the 1/33. Hopefully the impetus from Sunday carries on to the West Ham game. We are at the make or break time and a lot of pundits and the media are desperate for a last game scenario where we fail.

You would have been excused last night for thinking Southampton had a semi final FA cup match in 6 days time and the players didn't want to miss it through injury or suspension. The odds for the Baggies being relegated is around the 1/33. Hopefully the impetus from Sunday carries on to the West Ham game. We are at the make or break time and a lot of pundits and the media are desperate for a last game scenario where we fail.
I agree with you most of the media would love it if we shit out.

Burnley beating Spuds tonight has made the game away to Brentford a bit more nervy for us this Saturday :cautious: and means we could be back in the bottom three if they beat Palace away.

Leeds and Watford getting hammered tonight is some consolation though and they both face difficult games on the weekend.

Hopefully Everton will follow the script and get thrashed by Man City in their 17:30 kick off at Goodison.

Fingers crossed Fraser will be fit for the Brentford game as I believe he would be a bigger miss than St Max in this particular game.

I think I mentioned on another thread thread ( you've dragged this one back Pie :grinning:) that I fancied Burnley to escape again but not at our expense. Last 6 games we still have a better return than everyone down in the bottom teams and we are benefitting from new recruits and a fitter, more disciplined side. Under Howe we are unbeaten since Dec 16th and the games we have lost under Howe against Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester maybe would have been a lot closer now. Howe has instilled a belief into the team through hard work and I'm much more confident with him than the previous incumbent who has yet to win a game this season with the two sides he has been in charge of.

The table, as important as it is, is quite deceiving in it's current shape because we are a completely different side to the one that broccoli nose fraudulently had his name in charge of.

Current form out of the last 6 matches alone in which we gained 12 points sees us overhaul the gap on Brentford by 11 points, 9 points on Everton and 8 on Leeds + Watford. A similar run out of the next 6 games would see us nigh on safe.

Current form that would have seen us in 6th place.

If you stretch that form guide further....

Out of the last 8 games played we would be 8th in the league.
out of the last 10 games played we would be 10th and out of the last 12 games played, we would be 9th. I think I get the point across in Eddie Howe's influence on where we should end up.

Current form out of the last 12 games sees Everton, Norwich, Watford, Leeds and Brentford down the bottom but recently Norwich have joined us and Burnley in a slight upturn.

With anywhere between 12 and 15 games left for teams down the bottom (we have 14 left), current form would see a big surprise this year with Everton and Leeds shitting their pants along with Brentford as long as we don't lose to them at the weekend.

I think I mentioned on another thread thread ( you've dragged this one back Pie :grinning:) that I fancied Burnley to escape again but not at our expense. Last 6 games we still have a better return than everyone down in the bottom teams and we are benefitting from new recruits and a fitter, more disciplined side. Under Howe we are unbeaten since Dec 16th and the games we have lost under Howe against Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester maybe would have been a lot closer now. Howe has instilled a belief into the team through hard work and I'm much more confident with him than the previous incumbent who has yet to win a game this season with the two sides he has been in charge of.
Just realised the date on this one Mc :grinning:
Was going to start a 'relegation watch' thread but found this one and somehow thought it was current :shake: