How Many Points Will We Finish With | Vital Football

How Many Points Will We Finish With

SmithAndJones

Vital 1st Team Regular
It seems probable that Kane and Son will not play again until very late in the season at best. Equally we can probably expect that the brand of football Jose is opting to play currently, will continue for the rest of the season, and certainly until at least one striker is available. It maybe shouldn't be overlooked that prior to Saturday's match, we had won three consecutive PL fixtures, with Sonny admittedly, but without Harry. Looking at our remaining fixtures, the timing of the fixtures, and taking into account all the current scenarios, I'll make a wild prediction that we won't lose another PL outing this season. Unfortunately we won't win many either.

WOLV (H) 1PT, BRNLY (A) 1, MUNTD (H) 3, WHU (H) 3, SHFU (A) 1, EVTN (H) 1, BMTH (A) 1, ARSE (H) 1, NEWC (A) 1, LEIC (H) 3, CPLC (A) 1.

17 points takes us to 57, possibly 59 if we can squeeze a win at Bournemouth. Any advances on 59, which is unlikely to see us make top six.

Gracefully bow out of the CL, losing in Germany
Conveniently finish just outside of EL places in the league
All out assault on the FA Cup

Jose's subconscious agenda is for a reduced fixture list next season and a focus on rebuild and league position before he can build something more permanent.

Gracefully bow out of the CL, losing in Germany
Conveniently finish just outside of EL places in the league
All out assault on the FA Cup

Jose's subconscious agenda is for a reduced fixture list next season and a focus on rebuild and league position before he can build something more permanent.
Finishing outside of the Europa League is becoming harder and harder this season .
If MC ban isnt overturned then CL goes to top “five”.
Possibility of M C , bin dippers Leicester , etc in cup final pushes EL qualifiers to sixth to tenth . Would imagine that Villa will be given a spot as runners up in league cup cup.
So , if i’m correct above , and I could be wrong , then we need to finish eleventh or lower . Can we manage that ? Ha ha !

Finishing outside of the Europa League is becoming harder and harder this season .
If MC ban isnt overturned then CL goes to top “five”.
Possibility of M C , bin dippers Leicester , etc in cup final pushes EL qualifiers to sixth to tenth . Would imagine that Villa will be given a spot as runners up in league cup cup.
So , if i’m correct above , and I could be wrong , then we need to finish eleventh or lower . Can we manage that ? Ha ha !

lol - there has to be something wrong with your maths. We only get 4 CL places and 3 EL places. Even if City are banned, 9th surely can't qualify.

The Villa thing is interesting. If City's ban is upheld then there will be an angry 7th place team if they miss out and Villa get in.

lol - there has to be something wrong with your maths. We only get 4 CL places and 3 EL places. Even if City are banned, 9th surely can't qualify.

The Villa thing is interesting. If City's ban is upheld then there will be an angry 7th place team if they miss out and Villa get in.
What if two champions league qualifying teams get into the cup final ?
Man City are banned ? So fifth place goes to CL , no cup finalist place goes to EL so three league places get that . So Yeah , you’re correct , we need to get 9 th ? Or am I still wrong ?

What if two champions league qualifying teams get into the cup final ?
Man City are banned ? So fifth place goes to CL , no cup finalist place goes to EL so three league places get that . So Yeah , you’re correct , we need to get 9 th ? Or am I still wrong ?

If I've thought this through correctly then the places to avoid are 6th, 7th and 8th.

If we accidentally finish 9th then we can ensure that we can play the same 11 every week and finish top 4 comfortably. It will like being a Leicester fan this season :-)

If I've thought this through correctly then the places to avoid are 6th, 7th and 8th.

If we accidentally finish 9th then we can ensure that we can play the same 11 every week and finish top 4 comfortably. It will like being a Leicester fan this season :-)
It's a reasonable viewpoint, but I'm not sure whether it would be shared by the Club, Manager or players, whilst fans would no doubt be split. Levy I would think would be very unhappy to go into the new stadium second season with no European football at all, JM based on his United experience may consider the Europa League an easier route back into CL, and as for the players, not being in the CL is going to create its own problems in any case. A season of consolidation without any distractions however certainly has its appeal.

It's a reasonable viewpoint, but I'm not sure whether it would be shared by the Club, Manager or players, whilst fans would no doubt be split. Levy I would think would be very unhappy to go into the new stadium second season with no European football at all, JM based on his United experience may consider the Europa League an easier route back into CL, and as for the players, not being in the CL is going to create its own problems in any case. A season of consolidation without any distractions however certainly has its appeal.

So this team is currently walking into the CL Top spots with about 3 or 4 other fringe players

Schmeichel
Pereira, Evans, Soyoncu, Chilwell
Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison
Perez, Vardy, Barnes

How different is this team without any new signings?

Lloris
Tanganga, Toby, Sanchez, Davies
Dele, Ndombele, Gio
Son, Kane, Bergwijn

Think not injured, fully fit, regular rests and top form like Leicester are. It's not that different when you think about it. Now add more signings to the Spurs setup. I'd back us to get perhaps 75 points or more in the league, perhaps 80.

Then think about the alternative of managing a EL campaign on top of that. As you say it is a CL place if you win, but can anyone see us getting 75 points or more and a EL win?

I personally think Levy needs to have a strong think about what is the best 2 to 3 season approach? With the state of our squad I think it's an easy football decision but what people are missing is it's probably a very marginal financial one as well looking beyond a single year. Perhaps different if we can secure CL football again this season.

Mid 50s I think. Of 11 games, I’ll guess 4-4-3 W/D/L. And that’s as optimistic as I’ll go. Added to our 40 that’s 56. Would have gotten us 8th last season.