How many more players do you think we need ? | Vital Football

How many more players do you think we need ?

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
I reckon we need a central defender

A wide player

A target man

A wing back

Would also be more comfortable with a keeper/goalkeeper coach able to play in emergencies although I have a lot of faith in Hadler.

According to KOL JED is trying to get Deji on a season long loan. I would be happy with that. He isn't a right back but he is a good, strong, quick centre back.
Other than that we still have no cover for Jacko at right back, we need one more centre half (two if we don't get Deji) and at least one striker.

2 CBs, left back cover (JED will use Morris will cover RB, though I'm not convinced), a speedy wide man (ideally, not completely one-sided), 2 strikers (I expect Donnelly to go on loan quite quickly if he doesn't buck his ideas up).

Cannot believe that Wayne has no place for his beloved Cody (great guy Cody but now past his best). Must be a woosh.

Top priority - definitely need a quality striker, preferably one with pace and good aerial skill . We need mobility at centre back too, without Egan we will be too slow.

I would like Hadler to see some time in pre season, I have no idea if he's good enough or not but the reports are all very encouraging, and it would save a few quid on another backup.

Otherwise I agree with eager exile as well, though isn't Knott the wideman, or is he more central?
I know we've been linked with the big striker from Folkestone but there's a few clubs interested it seems. Definitely need a targetman though, something I think Jed has publically stated, maybe a young striker from a prem club on loan as well.

Phil - three strikers plus Cody. The four strikers would be Cody and replacements for Norris, Donnelly and sometimes Samuel.

My Word Wayne

I was seriously worried about you there for a while. Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers mate.

I would imagine that we will start with Cody, Luke & Rory with a loanee from a higher division as out striking quartet. I'm not sure that will be effective enough but would hope to be proved wrong. Much would depend upon the loanee i guess.

I know a lot of our goals were scored by Dack last year, yet for most of the season we were the leading scorers. During the same period our defence was one of the worst.
I will gladly take any new players we can afford, but defenders are a priority.