How many current stadia have you visited | Page 3 | Vital Football

How many current stadia have you visited

Underhill was a horrible ground plus horrible memories of our conference debut there.

Sad what's happened to Northwich Victoria in the years since we played them at the Drill Field. We did have that cup match at their next brief ground.
Hope they can climb back up the levels.

Was that literally so? (Can't remember which way it sloped).

Keith is actually running up the slope there - it sloped towards the south goal. It can just be seen in this photo of Dave Sansom's early penalty (the slope falls away from where the photo was taken from):

NTG58.jpg

Keith is actually running up the slope there - it sloped towards the south goal. It can just be seen in this photo of Dave Sansom's early penalty (the slope falls away from where the photo was taken from):

View attachment 29871

Some great pics from the GMVC away days, I was at all of them .... Imps fans were horrible it has to be said at Underhill opening day, but it was over 30 years ago I suppose and a different errrrr culture ?

Really looking forward to visiting the new WHL next season with City, even if I have to fork out over the odds for a ticket.

I’ll work out my answer to the OP in a mo.

More abandoned grounds where City have played:

Southbury Road, home of defunct Enfield FC:
View attachment 29866

Surrey Docks Stadium, home of defunct Fisher Athletic:
View attachment 29867

Buck's Head, home of defunct Telford United:
View attachment 29868

Blundell Park, home of defunct Grimsby Town:
View attachment 29870
Flipping heck that makes me feel old I have seen us play at every one of those pictures you posted including the 1-1 at Fisher Athletic in the conference.

Must have a tally up of how many grounds I've been to since my first away game to blunders in 1990, quiet day ?
Went all over the place watching them in the 90s and 00s, think I must have done 70 odd grounds in that time.
Done both grounds for a few clubs Northampton and Donny etc.

Well, there was no slope at Northampton's County Ground (certainly none that I ever noticed), but yes, it was a three-sided ground with the cricket pitch on one side with the cricket stands in the far distance. The first few times I went (early to mid-1970s) spectators were allowed on the cricket ground side, standing behind a rope. They did have some wooden terracing of about three steps placed on the grass. In later years no-one was allowed on that side.

Prem: 18 (Saints* & Cardiff* to do)
Champ: 21 (Swans* Bris City & Boro to do)
L1: 20 (Pompey, Sunderland, Fleetwood, Wimbledon to do)
L2: 18 (MK Dons, Colchester*, Newport, Stevenage, FGR, Morecambe* to do)

Total: 77/92

* did their original ones

Talking of notorious slopes...

The Huish, Yeovil Town (long gone):
NTG15.jpg

The Avenue Ground, Dorchester Town (also long gone):
NTG22.jpg

More abandoned grounds where City have played:

Southbury Road, home of defunct Enfield FC:
View attachment 29866

Surrey Docks Stadium, home of defunct Fisher Athletic:
View attachment 29867

Buck's Head, home of defunct Telford United:
View attachment 29868

Blundell Park, home of defunct Grimsby Town:
View attachment 29870
Excellent photos and memories. Did the full set of away games in our 87/88 non-league debut season, then kept this 24 up to date as and when new clubs entered. Our return in 2011/12 thus meant few new actual locations. (Didn't follow Gateshead's temporary use of Boston etc!) Recently went to Harrogate thus getting 'Level 5' back up to date. Similar story with 92 grounds at higher level so will be going ground-hopping to Scotland now that Yeovil have cried off.