How many current stadia have you visited | Page 5 | Vital Football

How many current stadia have you visited

70 grounds total of which 34 are current league grounds. I only count grounds I've paid to watch competitive footy in.

Don't forget redundancy and supporting a wife and family.

Finance VERY much relevant to what can and can't be done over the years.
Been though redundancy myself.
Tough times.

Tough now too, in work but pay has been cut 5 years in a row...no recovery whatsoever where I am...

Did you ever imbibe at the Singleton for pre and post match drinks when the Imps played at The Vetch? I still recall sitting staring into my beer in the Singleton when I had learned City had been relegated to Conference the first time around, surrounded by gleeful Jacks.

Only ever went there once and that wasn't until I moved to this area (1997). Was always just too far to travel before so I made do with 'watching' that match on Ceefax.

There's proving to be a LOT of ex-grounds!
Getting close to half the league having moved maybe??
Of the current 92 I reckon starting from Scunny there are 31 who have played/moved at this level.
1543085421895.png

Then there are 5 who have 'shared' for more than just a few games.
1543085460498.png
Then there are 4 johny-come lately who moved whilst still in non-league
1543085625664.png

You could add Barnet, Chesterfield, Chester, Darlington (but probably not Maidstone) to the "dear departed" for moves at 92 level

Last edited:
Of the current 92 I reckon starting from Scunny there are 31 who have played/moved at this level.
View attachment 30047

Then there are 5 who have 'shared' for more than just a few games.
View attachment 30048
Then there are 4 johny-come lately who moved whilst still in non-league
View attachment 30049

You could add Barnet, Chesterfield, Chester, Darlington (but probably not Maidstone) to the "dear departed" for moves at 92 level

Thats a good list and shows what has happened since the Scunts moved from he Old Showground to Glumford Park.

Its also a memory jogger for yours truly, as I can add Springfield Park to my list. It was the 1st time I came across Alan Long, standing at the back of the away terrace in the Wigan drizzle, during the Beck era.

Yes a decent day out with Daz120 coming along too, although it was a rather dull 0-0 I recall? ?
Went one tuesday night @70 of us,a real dump! Didnt utter one word to the ground or after back to the car!I believe our directors got pelted with £1 coins!Early 2000s and we lost.