How many current stadia have you visited | Vital Football

How many current stadia have you visited

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
How many of the current PL and EPL stadia have you been to watch a match? Out of interest how many have moved to new stadia but you haven't been to the new one yet.

For me it's

9 in the PL
13 in The Championship
19 in League 1
18 in League 2
59 of the current grounds

Plus 11 clubs that have moved to new stadia since I went to the ground so I would have been to 70 other clubs stadia.

33 current grounds (not including Wembley), 10 league grounds that no longer exist and lots of ex league clubs that no longer are (league clubs) like Wrexham, Chesterfield, Scarborough, Darlington etc. but I couldn't be bothered to go through all of them :grinning: for a precise figure.

Many years ago I had all this info on a spreadsheet with the intention of "Doing the 92"; it had different columns on it for seeing a match played there, seeing the Home side play there (Some grounds I visited when England were 'On tour' when Wembley was being rebuilt), and the important one "Seen Lincoln play there". All that is lost somewhere on an old computer.
If my memory is correct:
8 Premier League
12 Championship
14 League One
14 League Two
Totaling 48, with a further 11 old grounds.
I've not included Wembley (Old or New), and there will be a load of grounds outside of the league.

71, of which 18 no longer exist (including White Hart Lane in the departures).

22 in Scotland, of which one no longer exists.

Current Stadiums - 40.

Plus Gay Meadow, Saltergate, MK Dons Hockey Stadium, Belle Vue and probably one or two others that I can't remember, which'll take it to around 45.

PL - 3
C - 10
L1 - 14
L2 - 13

The area that new stadium covers is amazing - apparently the old White Hart Lane occupied less than half of it. I passed it on the train into London fron Stansted when I was going to the Checkatrade final and it looked very impressive from the outside. It looks very similar to Wembley, doesn't it?

I'm not doing aswell as I'd like to be doing!

pl: 6
ch: 10
l1: 8
l2: 12
Total: 36

Plus a handful or so from non league.

Though I always like to add at least one or two new ones each season. This year's new on is Tranmere and I'll hopefully add Oldham, Crewe, MK Dons and anyone new if we progress in the FA Cup.

My score is:

6 in the PL
11 in The Championship
13 in League 1
17 in League 2

So a total of 47 of the current grounds. Technically it could be 48 if you count MK Dons as the club which previously played at Plough Lane.

Plus 20 clubs that have since moved to new stadia.

Plus again, as per what hulloutpost says, 16 clubs that are no longer in the League - visits to either their old or current grounds.

7 in the PL (including 3 at their old ground)
2 in champ
10 league 1 (4 old)
10 league 2 (2 old)

Northampton & Wycombe are the only clubs I've visited both the old and new ground.
13 additional grounds I've visited were league clubs at the time but now non-league or defunct.

crikey , some have good memories , i could never remember all i have been to . All i know 1st was WHL 1961 Tottingham 4 Leicester 0 and the last Macclesfield vs FGR 2018 . and have been from the 1st Division to Norrth west Counties league .

Been to quite a lot lol

PL - 8
Champ - 11
L1 - 5
L2 - 16

40 in total for me.

Lincoln's spell in non-league combined with quite a few relegations means a lot of the grounds attended in recent years aren't included.

Eric Bird, one of the original people who founded the 92 Club with Gordon Pearce (Bristol Rovers fan) in the 70's was a Lincoln City Fan. Very few current members follow the Imps. I've a vague memory that Graham Taylor and Jim Smith may have been honorary members by virtue of playing and management careers but I may just be mixing up stats for their longevity in the game.

Hoping for Brighton away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup so that I will then have seen the Imps play them at 4 grounds (only seen them play Derby at the 'Amex' in 2012 when topping up my 92 club)

Only 38 current league grounds, 81 if I include defunct and non-league grounds.
Scunthorpe, Wycombe, Hull & Huddersfield seen at more than one (& Chesterfield)

Only 21 current PL & EFL grounds and 24 grounds which include former PL & EFL ones and current & past ones of those further down the pyramid.

PL 7 (plus three old ones. The Dell...saw Ainsworth score there for us. Another PL team I saw Lincoln play at two different grounds, one out of the seven grounds saw Lincoln play there...twice..in a matter of months. 5 PL grounds I have seen Lincoln play against the other team, however three were not in the PL at the time..)

Championship 3 (plus one old one...being rained on under Kwik save)

League One 4

League Two 4 (plus one old one)
NL who used to be FL clubs when I went.

My away travel was limited due to being on the South Coast for 10 years.