How many big earners have to go to balance the books? | Vital Football

How many big earners have to go to balance the books?

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
If this weekly salary list is anywhere near accurate then we’ve been getting rid of the wrong players. First players out of the door should have been Bony and AAyew.
What on earth were the Board thinking of, first of all bringing two non producers here in the first place and secondly paying them gross amounts of money.
Four players and total £119,000 in salary already left, which is just short of one man, Bony’s £120,000 salary.
I’m not surprised Bony wants to stay, he’s still injured and nobody wants to sign a crocked player.
Another point is did some or all of the players have a relegation wage reduction clause in their contract.

Lukas Fabianski £22,000
Kyle Naughton £18,000
Federico Fernandez. £29,000
Alfie Mawson £13,000
Martin Olsson £22,000
Sam Clucas £25,000
Leroy Fer. £29,000
Tom Carroll £22,000
Wayne Routledge £18,000
Renato Sanches £50,000
Luciano Narsingh £25,000
Jordan Ayew £25,000
Ki Sung Yueng £25,000
Wilfried Bony £120,000
Jordi Amat £18,000
Nathan Dyer £29,000
Andre Ayew £80,000
Tammy Abraham £22,000
Mike van der Hoorn £11,000

Last edited:
No way is that accurate. Ki wouldn't be here on 25k , same as many others that that list claims are on less than 30k.

I'm guessing they'll want to half the wages or more and relegation clauses obviously won't be enough. 3 high earners saves you about £14-15m a year so we need to get a move on.

There are a few articles showing our players differing weekly salaries.
Here’s another one -
Bony 90k
JAyew 50k
AAyew 70k
Clucas 50k
Mesa 49k
Baston 43k
Fer 45k
Fernandez 43k
Britton 38k
Routs 36k
Carrol 35k
Olsson 33k
Dyer 32k
Amat 30k
Montero 30k
Narsingh 30k
Bartley 28k
Mawson 25k
Nordfelt 25k
Mulder 20k
VdH 15k
Grimes 10k
Fulton 6k

I suspect Bony’s salary was partly paid by Man City just to move him on.
I agree that some will take a big pay cut but all of them i.e. AAyew no, surely he wouldn’t have come in January knowing there was a risk of relegation and halving of wages?
That’s why they’re desperate to move the biggest earners such as him.

Doom Watch update -
The clear out continues as the squad gets more and more depleted with no sign of replacements.
If yesterday’s drubbing is anything to go by we are in for a long hard season and the similarities between us and the Sunderland of last season are frightening.
I ask myself what use are these American owners, if they just want to sit back and let their investment and our club disintegrate, because that’s what it seems like. Between them and Jenkins they have destroyed our club in the two years that they’ve been here.
The fire sale is not over and next week a few more are likely to leave.
The rumours of incoming players have stopped and all we read is about the scramble by the vultures to take any players that are any good from us.
The moral of the players left must be at its lowest ebb, and with a week left to our first league match can anybody predict our starting eleven, never mind it being able to be competitive

There are a few articles showing our players differing weekly salaries.
Here’s another one -
Bony 90k
JAyew 50k
AAyew 70k
Clucas 50k
Mesa 49k
Baston 43k
Fer 45k
Fernandez 43k
Britton 38k
Routs 36k
Carrol 35k
Olsson 33k
Dyer 32k
Amat 30k
Montero 30k
Narsingh 30k
Bartley 28k
Mawson 25k
Nordfelt 25k
Mulder 20k
VdH 15k
Grimes 10k
Fulton 6k

I suspect Bony’s salary was partly paid by Man City just to move him on.
I agree that some will take a big pay cut but all of them i.e. AAyew no, surely he wouldn’t have come in January knowing there was a risk of relegation and halving of wages?
That’s why they’re desperate to move the biggest earners such as him.
This seems more accurate but still is only about 45m a year, half what it's reported to be - 99m which goes to show how crazy that figure is.

The Fulham offer accepted by Swansea of £15 mill is laughable, well it would be if it was any other club except ours, but giving away our prized possession for that amount is scandalous.
Are we that desperate to sell an England International player in waiting?
I would suggest he’s worth at least £40 mill.
Out of that £15 mill we have to give Barnsley 15%.

I think it's a case of avoiding another on-going and long-winded Sigurdsson saga. We need him gone to get players in and time is running out.

Long winded saga avoided, but at a very high cost to our club, and remind me of how many players have come in since Mawson has gone to Fulham - zero.
Another one, Clucas on his way to Burnley, and JAyew pending to Palace, that’s over 30 mill in fees and still we’re hesitating with McKenna and Woods, four days left to get our finger out and strengthen the squad.

Long winded saga avoided, but at a very high cost to our club, and remind me of how many players have come in since Mawson has gone to Fulham - zero.
Another one, Clucas on his way to Burnley, and JAyew pending to Palace, that’s over 30 mill in fees and still we’re hesitating with McKenna and Woods, four days left to get our finger out and strengthen the squad.

Doesn't look like either of those will happen. Unless other clubs come in

Well it’s Friday and the disastrous transfer window is now closed.
Another four players left yesterday, to add to the other twelve already gone, which has left us deep in trouble with only one centre back of any experience.
There was only one incoming, a discarded Cardiff and Rangers full back
I was shocked that we were that desperate to sell Federico that we gave him away for 3 mill, only 30% of his true value, and Clucas was so anxious to leave that he moved to another Championship team.
Our club is crumbling before our eyes as the greedy ones sit and count their ill gotten gains.
Tomorrow’s game will see a lot of anger from the fans spill over and already the sell outs have been advised not to attend.
It could have been so different if they’d shown a bit of intent yesterday by refusing to let Fed go without a replacement, and bringing in Woods, who was ready and waiting for the call.
The only intent I can see now is to take us into administration.