How lucky are we! | Vital Football

How lucky are we!

charlz54

Vital Squad Member
I was just thinking today, how lucky are we as supporters to have a club like Wigan. Over the 20 years or so that the Whelan family have been in charge we have had a fantastic journey. Just think what we have done as a club, in fact, apart from being in the Champions League is there anything we haven’t done! We have become a league club, won the freight rover trophy and the autowindscreen shield, have been promoted through the divisions to the Premier League where we stayed for 8 years beating all the top teams along the way. We have been in the Carling Cup Final, won the FA Cup, been in Europe, competed in the Charity Shield and had many promotions and relegations along the way. What a fantastic achievement for our ‘Little Wigan’. I reiterate.......how lucky are we to support such a fantastic club.....I wouldn’t swop my allegiance for anything.

Very true Charlz. However I'd settle for a season of mid table mediocrity this time around - I think that in itself will be something of a novelty as I can't recall the last time we had one.

MiW, the way we're playing so far this season I don't think you'll get your wish. It seems boom or bust with us. I think as our defence gets used to the division and each other we'll start to see a return to clean sheets. We've played some of the divisions bigger hitters so far and held our own. It'll be interesting to see if the international break interrupts our momentum

I think Cooky is conscious of your last point as he briefly touched on not giving the players a break during the next fortnight. More work on the training ground will only help to develop those partnerships further on the pitch.

I'm sure someone will produce some stats to counter this - but I always feel we never perform well after these international breaks, we come back disjointed and off the pace. Hopefully its summat cook is conscious of and can look to rectify.