How long is not winning going to be tolerated ? | Vital Football

How long is not winning going to be tolerated ?

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
Forget Farke's positive statistic quotes and many supporters optimism, how long can we tolerate not winning, poor defending and missing easy chances.

The cold hard facts are our league results are :
P 3. W 0. D 1. L 2. F 6. A 8. GD -2. Pts 1.

2 home games and 2 wins in 4 days would certainly change the position but Preston
are tough to beat and maybe this is Leeds season to finally sort themselves out.
Just one point ( as I will predict ) will put is in a terrible position before the Binners game
and then at home to leaders Boro.

I am already annoyed with Farke for being inflexible, stubborn, playing players out of position, tactics and poor substitutions.
How much longer will you tolerate this failing to win ?

I’m getting itchy feet DG
And if this is not resolved after Preston/Leeds
I shall be calling louder for change

I'm really not used to being the optimistic one on this forum. I've always been amongst the first to be on the manager OUT campaign :grinning:. Personally, I think it will be tolerated until at least Christmas by SW. This is the guy he has brought in, his first choice, the person he's given all his faith, trust, 14 months and a good few million pounds invested to. I really don't think he will throw that into the bin after a handful of games. He only said a couple of weeks ago about appreciating the patience given so far but he would ask we continue to show that patience and stick with it. I understood a long-term project to be longer than 1 full season and 3 games which is why I'm still happy to go along with this and buy into it.

If at Christmas we're worse off than what we were last year, then of course serious questions need to be considered. But until then I don't think we need to be so quick to kick anyone out. We all know sacking managers never has done us any good and they always (always!) go onto better things with smaller clubs. I'm exhausted of the whole sack sack sack , get excited with someone new, get tired of losing, sack and repeat. Sticking with their guy didn't hurt Huddersfield or Fulham.

I think we all know we aren't going up this season anyway so not like any action even if taken at this moment will change the outcome of anything. Lets give it some more time and see if it comes good. We've given it this long, whats a few months if it all comes together.

The next two games are now crucial (ridiculous to find ourselves in that situation just 2 weeks into the season ) , but I think my patience will go if we lose them both . This was supposed to be the season when the re-bulding was done , the team in place , and we would go all out to get back to the Prem . The initial indications are that it is not happening , and if doesn’t happen very soon then patience will snap .
I have always pinned my hopes on the Huddersfield model where they struggled with Wagner after his first season and fine tuned things in the summer and went up in Wagner’s second season in charge . Now , there are two huge differences between Huddersfield and us , Firstly Wagner is technically far superior to Farke in his tactics , substitutions and man motivation . Secondly and most importantly Wagner had the backing of owner Dean Hoyle , whose hunger , drive ,and ambition to drive his club forwards was installed in everyone (including the fans ) at the Galpharm . Compare that to our ageing , silent ,non ambitious , Premier League hating owners who lack those essential attributes of drive , passion , hunger and a burning desire to drive us to the Premier League .

Nathan is probably right in saying that sacking managers solves nothing as the next one will face the same non ambitious , passionless owners and the whole sorry cycle will just start all over again

Nathan
“I think we all know we weren’t going up this season”That wasn’t my expectation I wanted us pushing for top six
DFs philosophy is not suited to the championship
Premier league maybe Chelsea/Arsenal spring to mind
The set up at the club looks good now
DF is not going to change and our position is not going to change whilst he’s in place

Nathan and YB.
I agree that firing a manager has not really worked since Gunny went and Lambert was appointed. That was on 14 August 2009.
I also understand that there is no way Farke will be fired so early in the season and that we will not be anywhere near promotion this season.
In that case maybe the question should be ' what can be done about our current predicament with the current management set up ? '
Maybe we should examine the role of Stuart Webber . What does he actually do on a day to day basis ? He selected the manager ( who does not appear to be the right man for the current job ) and oversees transfers ( sold best players and signed a lot of average Germans ). Is that all ? There must be more to it. Does he have any say in the overall tactics, way we play and strategy of substitutions ? All managers territory I know but if he does not have any input into that
what is he doing now apart from looking at who to sell in January to raise more money for second rate German replacements.
There have been major changes but if Webber does not have a very important role beyond selecting a manager and transfers ( none of which have been inspiring ) what difference is there between the previous and current set up. All I can think of is that he separates the football from the non football knowledge amateur board.
That appears to be good in theory but has he joined a long line of
' puppets ' gradually sucked into the owners ' lack of ambition '
policy and not wanting to be in that nasty greedy Premier League ?

The management is predictable and results in tedious football with bad defending and poor finishing.
If it continues we will not beat Preston or draw with Leeds.
If the failing Manager is to stay, its time Webber upped his game considerably and we start to be way better on the pitch very soon.

Lots of good points above. I agree with Nathan that I expect them to stick with DF, although surely if things haven’t improved by Oct/Nov he will be fired, won’t he? I don’t agree with the not expecting promotion because I do/did/am expecting a top six challenge. I think the squad looks good enough. As I wrote on the front page yesterday, I am really worried that we will arrive at Portman Road with only 1 or 2 points too.

A few thoughts for today - I think Stuart Webber has been busy painting the away dressing room pink, DG...

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/alec-neil-painting-the-room-pink-and-are-we-selling-timm-klose/

Good point Tuckster. His decision to paint away dressing room pink
must have taken many hours of planning. Not to mention the dulux v
crown decision. One thing for sure is that the Smiffs will not stretch to
Farrow and Ball ( which I can recommend as worked very well for my office chimney breast ) :grinning:

Well its great reading after our summer holidays, I have already stated that 6 games in will give us an insight as to what this season holds for us and if change is needed, well it sure isnt looking good, I was kept updated whilst away and the reports were not rosy, now to read up for myself I am majorly concerned with how we have started, I will be at Wednesday nights game so I will then make more of a judgement for myself, up to now though it is looking like change is needed and no way do we wait until Christmas that would be far too late!

Farrow and Ball is spot on DG. I have to agree that it is pointless to change now as nothing will be resolved. It will become obvious by November should change be needed.

Agreed Tuckster . We have had enough these last 3 seasons of big talk by players . Now is the time to see 100% action ,toil and sweat for the yellow shirt on the pitch . I now expect Leitner to score on Wednesday

Forget Farke's positive statistic quotes and many supporters optimism, how long can we tolerate not winning, poor defending and missing easy chances.

The cold hard facts are our league results are :
P 3. W 0. D 1. L 2. F 6. A 8. GD -2. Pts 1.

2 home games and 2 wins in 4 days would certainly change the position but Preston
are tough to beat and maybe this is Leeds season to finally sort themselves out.
Just one point ( as I will predict ) will put is in a terrible position before the Binners game
and then at home to leaders Boro.

I am already annoyed with Farke for being inflexible, stubborn, playing players out of position, tactics and poor substitutions.
How much longer will you tolerate this failing to win ?

I hate to say it but I expect Leeds to rollover us especially if we play only 1 in front of our defence.

Solution:

1. Play 2 in front of the defence, 1 as the ball winner and the other as a ball winner / passer (Thompson or Godfrey - not Tettey in this role).
Plus pass the ball to our attack quicker, i.e., stop playing CRAB football (sideways or backward passes).

2. Get a proper right back in loan with a view to a later purchase if good enough.

3. Play Marshall as part of the 3 behind Rhodes.

4. If Klose is sold then loan the young Polish CB from Arsenal with an option to purchase in the January window.