How good is our squad? | Page 2 | Vital Football

How good is our squad?

No I didn't even think of Hugo when I said that...Sissoko, Aurier, Ndombele (and Dele) the main culprits.

The biggest culprit is Son. Pulling out of tackles and headers, and going through the motions of shutting down the opposition. He has surpassed anything we've seen from the French lads.

Bale is another who has repeatedly not been willing to put his body through the pain barrier, whilst Kane just picks and chooses when to put the big shift in.

I'm not sure why Dele even gets a mention in that bad boy list at the moment. All that guy has done is got his head down all season and wait for a fair chance to prove his talents. The last time he played with Kane, Son and Bale he ended up having to come off after 65 mins as he'd done the running for the 3 of them. I watched him run past Kane multiple times to shut down defenders. It's clear to me that, if he wants to resume his career whilst Jose is in charge, he needs to get himself a move in the summer.

The biggest culprit is Son. Pulling out of tackles and headers, and going through the motions of shutting down the opposition. He has surpassed anything we've seen from the French lads.

Bale is another who has repeatedly not been willing to put his body through the pain barrier, whilst Kane just picks and chooses when to put the big shift in.

I'm not sure why Dele even gets a mention in that bad boy list at the moment. All that guy has done is got his head down all season and wait for a fair chance to prove his talents. The last time he played with Kane, Son and Bale he ended up having to come off after 65 mins as he'd done the running for the 3 of them. I watched him run past Kane multiple times to shut down defenders. It's clear to me that, if he wants to resume his career whilst Jose is in charge, he needs to get himself a move in the summer.

Agree RE Son, he gets more a pass though because when he's good, he's good. Son has been inconsistent since the day he signed unfortunately.

Dele is crap mate, been given enough time now to prove his worth and he ain't taken it, that's not to say he wont be a success elsewhere but he needs to leave for both our goods.

Agree RE Son, he gets more a pass though because when he's good, he's good. Son has been inconsistent since the day he signed unfortunately.

Dele is crap mate, been given enough time now to prove his worth and he ain't taken it, that's not to say he wont be a success elsewhere but he needs to leave for both our goods.

There's nothing crap about Dele, but we can agree that he should go and rescue his career away from the toxic one. I'm thinking Dele has resigned himself to missing out on the Euro's squad, but knows that the Qatar world cup comes around by Nov 22. That will be the motivation he needs to find himself a new club.

There's nothing crap about Dele, but we can agree that he should go and rescue his career away from the toxic one. I'm thinking Dele has resigned himself to missing out on the Euro's squad, but knows that the Qatar world cup comes around by Nov 22. That will be the motivation he needs to find himself a new club.

You can't honestly sit there and not admit he's been actually shocking for the best part of 4 years, he can't keep getting chances.

As I've said before he looks alright in a good, confident team beating teams 3 or 4 every week which we was doing for a few years ago under Poch but when the going gets tough, he's another one that goes missing and offers very little. Rather see Lamela or Lucas over him any day of the week.

You can't honestly sit there and not admit he's been actually shocking for the best part of 4 years, he can't keep getting chances.

As I've said before he looks alright in a good, confident team beating teams 3 or 4 every week which we was doing for a few years ago under Poch but when the going gets tough, he's another one that goes missing and offers very little. Rather see Lamela or Lucas over him any day of the week.

LOL!

I wish we had more 'crap' players like him who could score the same number of goals and assists as him over that time.

That is one of the funniest posts you've ever posted Scotty!

Jose in the Amazon documentary did his famous presentation where he told the players....to win, you need to be c--ts.

For a few this was no problem because they already were. But the others misunderstood and took Jose at his word and started playing like c--ts.

Jose needs to clarify what he meant....I didnt mean be c--ts to me and the club, you feckin c--ts, I meant the opposition !!

I agree you need a mean streak to win and you need to know how to put teams to the sword...

But also I think you need to actually be technically and strategically sound at the game. I still don't think our players or managers check these boxes.

I like the lad but nothing seemed to be working for him. The ball would cannon of his shin, his flicks went straight to the op & his passes would go astray. No doubt he was putting a shift in, i've no qualms about his workrate at all. If anything i reckon he was trying too hard. He needs to maintain his composure a lil better because he often gets frustrated. Even still there's a marvelous player lurking in there just busting to get out.

Dele ain't shit mate.

My biggest annoyance with him has always been he hasn't worked on his weaknesses.

He still holds onto the ball for too long and doesn't see the bigger picture in most of our attacking scenarios. His touch and passing still drive me mad. He doesn't have the pace or dribbling abilities to go past players.

But he is still miles ahead of Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas, Bergwinj.

I hope he stays because Jose will get the sack sooner rather than later.

With the reality of losing Kane, Son and Bale in the next 18 months we can't afford to lose him.

Dele ain't shit mate.

My biggest annoyance with him has always been he hasn't worked on his weaknesses.

He still holds onto the ball for too long and doesn't see the bigger picture in most of our attacking scenarios. His touch and passing still drive me mad. He doesn't have the pace or dribbling abilities to go past players.

With the reality of losing Kane, Son and Bale in the next 18 months we can't afford to lose him.

There is no way Dele should stay beyond this summer if Jose stays. Dele has given Jose more than enough time to get over whatever was the issue between them. Jose is now making himself look a complete idiot by not getting the guy on the pitch more. He's also paying his chairman lip service as well by having the publicized reconciliation after transfer deadline day and now just moving him to the background again. Jose is really toxic when he wants to be.

LOL!

I wish we had more 'crap' players like him who could score the same number of goals and assists as him over that time.

That is one of the funniest posts you've ever posted Scotty!

Cor it must be a funny one then ;)

Funny thing with Dele everyone always talks about his numbers but these were years ago lol I go by what I'm currently seeing and for the past 3 years I've seen poor performance after poor performance. I can accept a bad few months, maybe even a bad season after how good he's been but there's literally no sign of him getting back to his old ways.

There's been plenty of players in the past where they've been great for 1/2/3 years then sadly not lived up to the hype, I imagine Dele is going to be another. I hope I'm wrong...

Dele ain't shit mate.

All those players you mentioned I would have in the team over him, says it all. May not have the talent but you can bet your life on it they will all give a lot more. We can definitely afford to lose him, he should have been sold a year ago.

They're underachieving, not massively as some have stated but they ought to be doing much better than they are.

I still believe we're 2 players short of challenging again. Forget about winning, we'd need a number of high profile signings just to keep in touch with City & Man U.