How do you manage your musak? | Vital Football

How do you manage your musak?

tarzan

Vital Football Hero
I'd be interested to see how people manage their music.

I have a 160gB iPod classic to which I have ripped most of my old CDs, with iTunes Match. Listened to via a iPod docking station.

I heard on the news recently that iPods are being phased out.

Nowadays, I am sure there's much more efficient/enjoyable ways of choosing, playing and listening to my music.

I play everything off Youtube. My pc is connected to my technics system and I can update my play lists as necessary for free.

Can't set he, stopping iPods totally surely?

I have all my CDs on custom built shelves, to me it is a thing of beauty!

Also then all CDs loaded into my iPod and have recently bought a cloud back up because of a current problem.

I have dipped into spotify occasionally to listen to a new release to see if I fancy buying it or not, but don't do it very often.

I`m an old fashioned dick who uses c/d`s.
Spotiface is what they used to call me at school and my ipad is for when my contact lenses hurt me.
I still believe that you should shop in a shop,not online and you buy a drink with a note not a debit card.
I also still believe that a centre forward scores goals,so obviously,there`s no hope for me.

I went to sainsbury not long back and asked if they had such and such cd. The lad without thinking said in utter astonishment 'you still buy CDs'?

You should have seen his face when I talked about he old lps!!

I put them on iPod for gym and car, but much prefer the actual cd.

Unfortunately, I am Ipod-less at present as I lost it within weeks of returning to the UK.

Currently I have all my music on ITunes and play it through any set od speakers throughout the cottage or all speakers throughout the cottage.

I am considering buying a replacement IPod, but need more than 32 gig.

Pride how do you set that up? Are they special wireless speakers you can pair with your PC?

I have the 160gB iPod classic, bought it a couple of years ago. It's a thing of beauty, big & chunky and up close you can hear it wurring.

My iPod Nano broke (again) a few months ago so I have been using my old iPod Nano. I would transfer my songs to my phone but since I got my iPod I have changed my computer and I can't be arsed to reload all of my CD's onto my laptop and stick them on. Although I've just remembered I think all our music was saved onto an external hard drive so that's something to do next time I go home

Feario - didn't you post a picture of your CD shelves on here once? Or am I just dreaming that? Are they in alphabetical order or genres?

tarzan - 17/2/2014 02:22

Pride how do you set that up? Are they special wireless speakers you can pair with your PC?

I have the 160gB iPod classic, bought it a couple of years ago. It's a thing of beauty, big & chunky and up close you can hear it wurring.

My housebuddy has an Air Station ans AirPlay speakers which connect wirelessly to his wireless system.

Also there is an Apple TV which connects to the TV speakers or surround speakers.

Then there is the Apple Airport 3.5m jack which connects wirelessly to speakers upstairs and downstairs.

It's controlled by his, or my laptop. We can have (as usually do) have his music on downstairs and mine upstairs. Also, there is the App. for the iPhone, so it duplicates the variety and selection options on the phone exactly as we have on the laptops.

Bit hi tech for me to explain in great detail, but it works great!

:14:

Download most of my music, Flac files if possible, or 320bps mp3, then burn onto a CD. Real music lovers can't listen just on an ipod or YouTube, quality is too bad. According to audiophiles and music engineers nothing tops good quality thick vinyl played on a proper separates system.

Unfortunately we live in an age where the quality of music, I mean the compressed music files generally listened to on mp3 players, is the worst quality since WW2.

Cheers Pride, quick questions, the apple airport jack, where is it located? Also are your laptops macs?

When I say a good quality system, I mean something like this. But it will cost you about the same as a decent BMW :)

Attachments

• lovelybitofkit.jpg
    lovelybitofkit.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
tarzan - 17/2/2014 02:45

Cheers Pride, quick questions, the apple airport jack, where is it located? Also are your laptops macs?

The jack is plugged into the back of the airport. We both operate Windows.... I'm on Windows 8.1.

Basically, it all works through ITunes (Bonjour).

:14:

tarzan - 16/2/2014 19:25

Feario - didn't you post a picture of your CD shelves on here once? Or am I just dreaming that? Are they in alphabetical order or genres?

Yeah, I did, and alphabetical. But slightly differently. Just first letter for all so Bob Dylan is under B!! Plus will group a few together, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and super heavy all go with the Rolling Stones stuff, as does Ronnie Wood but he would be R anyway.

I'm sorry, have I bored you!!!

It's fuller now, although not so many modern albums purchased these days...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
all my cds and ripped music downloads are saved on a 1Tb external hard drive. I have alphabetised them in a simiar way to JF (eg Alice Cooper under A, and solo projects from band members under the band name).