How Do We Complete Season 2019-20? - Solutions Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

How Do We Complete Season 2019-20? - Solutions Thread

Is a pangolin some sort of penguin??

Insect eating mammal mostly found in Asia. Saw one a few years back in Borneo. Quite rare now due to their scales being a desired ingredient in Chinese medicines so if this is them getting their own back all power to them

Attachments

• cape_pangolin.jpg
    cape_pangolin.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
I've read another idea for completing the season...
We make it a double season 2019-21.

Such that whenever we resume, we keep on playing within the divisions we're in now with all the results standing.
And we play everyone home and away again.
Except for when we come to a fixture we haven't yet played this season and it becomes a double-fixture.
I.e. We play Burton home and away again as normal. We play Tranmere at home as normal, but, when we play Tranmere away, it covers two fixtures at once. 6 points for a win, 2 for a draw, double all the goals scored.
That way, you catch up all the missing fixtures without any need for extra dates, and you keep the benefit of league position now (or still remain in relegation danger).
It would make for ten or so exciting double fixtures too.

Definitely a novel idea !!

State aid for all clubs for 12 months.

postpone the league for 12 months and start again exactly where we left off.

the Tranmere pitch will be beautiful so we can fanny around at the back and give them a goal or 2!

we could build the new Stacey West in the downtime

Totally agree . Just void the season and start the new season when appropriate. There are times when football has to take a back seat to the real world.

That may indeed be the decision especially if no restart by May, and frankly seems zero chance there will be.
Even a restart by September is far from certain and talk is of virus having a second large peak over next winter.
So entirely possible if we have restarted in the autumn that they will be a further shutdown.

Euros put back a year means that theoretically the leagues can be extended now into June or July if they can get going at all

Evening games in June might be very enjoyable

Still can't see it happening

Start the new season with the bottom clubs having zero points and the clubs above having the number of points that equates to the difference between the bottom club's points and their points (equated over the season) and clubs in top positions now awarded their respective championships.

Euros put back a year means that theoretically the leagues can be extended now into June or July if they can get going at all

Evening games in June might be very enjoyable

Still can't see it happening

I quite like summer football. In the Scottish Highlands and Islands, summertime is when their leagues and cups run. I try and catch 2 or 3 games up there each summer.
And yes, generally quite enjoyable (apart from midges, the bane of the Scotland).
Shetland has a league, as does Orkney.
There's one for Lewis & Harris and another one for Barra and the Uists. And one for the Isle of Skye and the mainland facing Skye.
And the top competition is the Highland Amateur Cup. Many teams enter and its always well supported.
Who knows what might happen this summer for them or any of us.

I quite like summer football. In the Scottish Highlands and Islands, summertime is when their leagues and cups run. I try and catch 2 or 3 games up there each summer.
And yes, generally quite enjoyable (apart from midges, the bane of the Scotland).
Shetland has a league, as does Orkney.
There's one for Lewis & Harris and another one for Barra and the Uists. And one for the Isle of Skye and the mainland facing Skye.
And the top competition is the Highland Amateur Cup. Many teams enter and its always well supported.
Who knows what might happen this summer for them or any of us.
Some odd ideas as to what constitutes 'games' though, tossers..

It looks as though the FA are going to propose to the clubs tomorrow that best efforts are going to be made to complete this season, now that the Euros have been postponed to 2021.

Lets hope its sooner than later , or if people prefer to listen to the "powers that be" it could be months before this thing is over .

But don't worry Boris and his cronies will "do what it takes"