How Do The Stats Look - Millers v Millwall | Vital Football

How Do The Stats Look - Millers v Millwall

That stats are not appearing on here for some reason, but on the BBC Football website it says that we had TWO shots on target in the match, one of which was the saved penalty. Given that we hardly ever keep a clean sheet, that is unlikely to get us any points. This is a problem most weeks (except against the Owls!), but never really addressed, or admitted by Warney in public. He really needs to set up the team to improve on that. Not sitting too deep (and handing the initiative to the opposition) would help. Having subs on the bench who were capable of scoring a goal would help - might as well try Greaves or Gratton, surely they can't be any worse?

The stats also show that Millwall were only slightly better, and we should have been capable of getting a point - but we didn't, due to stupid errors.

They should be there now, Mike. Don't know what went wrong.

I think we really should have got a point out of this. I can't really blame Smith as his penalty was saved. But, you are right, we didn't work the goalie enough did we.

2 up front and an attacking midfield should have lead to more attempts on goal!
Although Millwall are not a high scoring team they do not let in many goals and we too found it difficult to get into the area where we could shoot.(especially on target!)

With so many games in such a short space of time warne needs to use all his skill in trying to keep players fresh and injury free. He’s got gratton who’s just coming back from injury and greaves who’s suffering a dip in form since signing his pro in September. There is some positive news from the youth team. George scott an attacking centre midfielder who’s currently being used as a deep lying defensive midfielder is continuing his impressive form. He recently bossed the midfield against Huddersfield ensuring the millers kept a clean sheet. In the second half he was told to move forward into his usual position and turned the game grabbing two impressive goals in a three nil victory. His running stats are insane and can comfortably cover 11k + without breaking a sweat. He’s not been tied down yet and the millers risk losing him as several clubs circle. He could be brought in by warne as an impact sub to either help hold onto a lead or push forward for a late goal.

That stats are not appearing on here for some reason, but on the BBC Football website it says that we had TWO shots on target in the match, one of which was the saved penalty. Given that we hardly ever keep a clean sheet, that is unlikely to get us any points. This is a problem most weeks (except against the Owls!), but never really addressed, or admitted by Warney in public. He really needs to set up the team to improve on that. Not sitting too deep (and handing the initiative to the opposition) would help. Having subs on the bench who were capable of scoring a goal would help - might as well try Greaves or Gratton, surely they can't be any worse?

The stats also show that Millwall were only slightly better, and we should have been capable of getting a point - but we didn't, due to stupid errors.
Tot

Well said Mike. Have you heard of the attacking midfielder George Scott? He recently dismantled Huddersfield in the recent youth team fixture. He’s a machine and has unbelievable stats, his turnovers per game are ridiculous. Hes already played preseason for the first team and was solid so he wouldn’t be overwhelmed and could be invaluable in the latter stages of games when we need to press for a goal or simply hold on. The academy is a total mess due to their coach leaving last September and COVID-19 , he’s still unsigned!! and with a number of clubs waiting to take advantage warne should call him up for the run in, it would also help keep him. We need to do all we can to bring our own talent through. what do you think?

I love to see the youngsters coming through and I think, with Covid, this would have been an ideal season to see what they were made of and would like to have seen/see some of them get a chance perhaps coming off the bench.

Don't think that I have seen George Scott play yet - he sounds promising ! I hope that he can make the grade. Warney is always very reluctant to play youngsters though, so it is unlikely that George will get a chance this season.
Additional -Just read report on RUFC Official site re last Academy game. Sounds like George Scott was "Man of the Match"

Last edited:
I agree youngsters should be our future. There’s nothing that excites fans more than a home grown lad breaking through. With no u23s though unless he puts some on the bench and gives them a go it’s not going to happen. We could certainly could do with a hungry lad like George giving his all. We’ve got 4 players thinking about their next clubs if you believe the stories, how committed are they going to be in a 50/50 tackle?

Don't think that I have seen George Scott play yet - he sounds promising ! I hope that he can make the grade. Warney is always very reluctant to play youngsters though, so it is unlikely that George will get a chance this season.
Additional -Just read report on RUFC Official site re last Academy game. Sounds like George Scott was "Man of the Match"
Remember his name,mark my words he’ll end up at another club.There’s at least two championship clubs and one from Scotland waiting in the wings, all the lad wants to do is play for us, it’s criminal waste of talent. We should be bringing players like this through.

I love to see the youngsters coming through and I think, with Covid, this would have been an ideal season to see what they were made of and would like to have seen/see some of them get a chance perhaps coming off the bench.
I couldn’t agree more. They wouldn’t have had the additional pressure of fans either. Maybe with the amount of games in a short space of time he’ll have no choice.