How Did Our Loaned Out Players Get On? | Vital Football

How Did Our Loaned Out Players Get On?

I think it’s a great idea that the youngsters, still learning their trade, go out to clubs in lesser leagues to get match experience.
However I don’t understand why we would buy a player aged 29 and send him out. My only (hopefully wrong!) conclusion is that he was a bad buy who showed in training that he is not at the level we require????

Miller seems to be jinxed with injuries. Kayode and Tilt have done well. Cooper did well with Gateshead, but hasn't had much chance to play at Hartlepool. The Hartlepool manager said that he would only be used as back-up. I am assuming that Cooper is still there, as Hartlepool have a league game left to play, then the play-offs. Covid scuppered possible January loan moves for the other Millers youngsters, as the "pyramid" below National League was suspended.

Even the Academy fixtures have been a bit sporadic.

Also our policy of signing players in their late 20s/early 30s who have known bad injury/illness records is madness. They are rarely fit enough to play. It doesn't make economic sense - may as well just give the money to charity. Surely at L1 Level some of the young lads will get a chance now?

Last edited:
We've surely got to give JJ a chance to win a shirt. Although, of course, that will put him in the shop window.