How can anyone say that they don't like the FA cup anymore? | Vital Football

How can anyone say that they don't like the FA cup anymore?

whiteghost

Vital Squad Member
Cambridge, Borough and Bradford remind us what a wonderful competition we have. Probably the best in the world? Yet so called fans on Vital Spurs run the competition into the ground. Madness, madness, I call it madness.

Bristol still to play Hammers..... Come on you underdogs!

Great stuff!

It is a fantastic competition, as this weekend shows; just a shame that the 'big' clubs at times appear to treat it with disdain.

It's not held in the same regard and never again will be for a multitude of reasons.

I don't think the BBC have helped this season with the lack of coverage available, the PL is watched worldwide yet no one could see the chavs and citeh losing apart from those at the ground, it's 2015 not 1915, hardly the best way to promote it is it ?

Big Chiv - 25/1/2015 11:32

It's not held in the same regard and never again will be for a multitude of reasons.

I don't think the BBC have helped this season with the lack of coverage available, the PL is watched worldwide yet no one could see the chavs and citeh losing apart from those at the ground, it's 2015 not 1915, hardly the best way to promote it is it ?

Agree Chiv, but the BBC are under huge budget pressures now after they spend shit loads on their new offices in london and Manchester, and finally they are beginning to realise that they have to live within their means and not expect to keep pushing up licence fees ...

So, they have to make choices, until that is they understand what looking after the crown jewels of sport mean - can you imagine SkySports doing what they've just NOT done?

Mn City went to dubai or wherever all week to play a friendly and returned friday to play saturday. They care about the money not the FA cup.

Man citeh defeat was the most deserved of the weekend IMO ...