How bloody good are we? | Vital Football

How bloody good are we?

OVB

Vital Squad Member
It’s like the mid 70s again, we are building and building and building. The football is exquisite. I’m so proud I think there is no limit to how far we can go with our new owners and manager.

This 50 something has got his mojo back

We have waited long enough for a team that plays the "right" way. Passing the ball and trying to win every game. Lets hope we never go back to negative tactics and hoof ball again. We have had a few managers that seem to have forgotten its an entertainment industry?

We have waited long enough for a team that plays the "right" way. Passing the ball and trying to win every game. Lets hope we never go back to negative tactics and hoof ball again. We have had a few managers that seem to have forgotten its an entertainment industry?
I suspect as long as we have this head coach our style will remain as it is

We look very good indeed. Some of the football we play is lovely to watch , and it's hard to believe these are the same players from earlier on in the season.

It's really pleasing that we have such a style of play now.

Early in the season a lot of these players we slated big time, probably unfair to say they were useless, they were just not used correctly. Dean Smith is a manager that knows how to get the best out of what he's got, rather than throw them out and keep spending money hoping you get it right, This is a massive turnaround for very little outlay and the bloke deserves a lot of credit.

I have had faith in Dean Smith since he was appointed and I will continue to have faith. I don't wish to sound like a down merchant but if we do get into the Prem this year and if things don't go as well as hoped I do hope people will continue to support Dean as it may well take a season or two to stabilise the team at a higher level.

Keep the faith

I have had faith in Dean Smith since he was appointed and I will continue to have faith. I don't wish to sound like a down merchant but if we do get into the Prem this year and if things don't go as well as hoped I do hope people will continue to support Dean as it may well take a season or two to stabilise the team at a higher level.

Keep the faith

In Smith we trust

Well I spent many a post this season saying that Bruce left a shambles, mish mash of a squad that could not be sorted without major transfer activity.

So either I was massively wrong and they were never that bad or Smith has done absolute wonders.

Whatever, 9 wins in a row at any level is amazing form .

Yep, DS is a very good Head Coach. He's got a tune out of a lot of players that were written off by some. Many also felt that SB needed more time and he would have got us there or there abouts.

Not opening up old debates.....again, but just want a stable few years to see what we can achieve. 6-8 weeks ago, we were all worried and it would have been easy for the owners to have panicked - not sure if everyone is a convert yet, but a few more good results could have us back in the PL.

Most of the threads are so boring now, opinions rarely differ, but I am glad to see so many happy fellow Villians - long may it continue. We have amazing fans and I just love to read all the away day stories.

Whenever we played Brentford whilst Deano was there my lad and myself always marvelled at their movement, passing and all round decent football from a squad that cost next to nothing...wishing we could play like them..well now we do and it's bloody brilliant! Job was 'too big for him' according to a few even though he'd been at the club for all of 10 weeks...well, looks like it clearly isn't! He's even outdone Lord Ron's eight on the spin....the bloke has been a class act from the moment he walked through the door and the fact he's one of our own will make any success feel even more special.

Keep the faith

Don 't be silly, we're football fans. We boo our own players at half time if we don't like the performance.

If we go up and struggle next season, the boo boys will be calling for his head within 2 months, just like they did to Bruce this season.

This team is too good for this league.

I just hope we don’t run out of steam come the play offs.

We're the best we've been in a very long time that's for sure. As regards where this will end, well we can only hope. Very little to choose between ourselves and all the potential playoff opponents above us. When at our best, we can beat any of them but have yet to do so. We have been beaten by all when not.

A record breaking run deserves some reward. We have to hope that confidence and momentum can give us the edge we need to ultimately make this season a success. We can then continue to build on the foundations that DS has put in place. At this moment in time, I do not want to think about the consequences of failing to gain promotion.

This winning run and just as importantly, the attacking style that has delivered it, have been a pleasure. For me, should we make the play offs, the forthcoming game of Russian roulette will be less so.

Last edited:
It would be such a shame to have to break this team up.

That bothers me more than reaching the Premier League this season. Should we fail in the play offs, in an ideal world, I would like to see this squad kept together and subsequently get promoted as Champions next year. I know realistically there is very little chance of that happening.