Horwich FC | Page 3 | Vital Football

Horwich FC

Interesting to see Parkinson berating the referee and saying how Bolton should have won whilst Cook very rarely does call the referee despite some very poor ref. performances in games we have been involved in.
Parkinson saying his team were suffering the effects of not being paid whilst Cook also said that Bolton played well considering their circumstances and giving them praise , as he always mentions the opposition performance in a positive way.
Just shows the difference in some Managers / people in their attitude to the result

I didn't go either, anyone care to tell us how Snake Wildschut played in his brief appearance?

When he came on he didn't do anything, bar win an earlier corner I think.

It was quite amusing as Bolton brought on a player I think most (including myself) thought was Yanic. He got a torrent of abuse when he came on and whenever he went near the ball. Then ten minutes later the real Yanic came on! It was a tad embarrassing!

Re the penalties to be fair I thought both were, albeit we were at the opposite end. Can't tell on reply if Grigg was fouled but he certainly looked like it real time. The Morsy one i thought was handball but given the ref was yards away I assumed he'd got it right. Watching the reply however it was a blatant penalty and one we got away with, though Bolton certainly didnt deserve to win the game.

Bolton should have lost the game on the balance of play, they were second best for 75%.....that of itself of course doesn’t win or lose you matches but I’ve seen the Grigg incident from 120 yards away and on tv and on both viewings it looks as obvious a penalty as there is. I haven’t yet seen the Bolton claim except live from a distance and couldn’t really see much of that one.
Regardless, they are crap and are currently reaping the wages their performances deserve, call me an old reactionary but they are a horrible shower of shytes the lot of them, players, supporters and manager.

I’m fine one of our group is in A&E with a head wound but isn’t seriously hurt. Not bothered reporting it to the police, the group that attacked us came from nowhere and none of us would be able to give any sort of description of them. It was clear that after the game it was all pre planned and they had left the game early or hadn’t even been at all.

The policing was awful a similar thing nearly happened to our fans queuing up at block G before the game. A large group of Home fans suddenly appeared and charged toward our fans but ran off as soon as a few police came.

I was in A&E after the match (visiting an elderly relative - unrelated to the game) and think I was talking to your mate. I have to say his left eye looked horrendous but he seemed in decent spirits, said he was lucky he had a "rock hard head". Hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

Must have been someone else that mate. The lad with us had cuts on the back of his head, they hit him when he was trying to get away. A few people I’ve spoken to who went said it’s the worst trouble they’ve seen after the game.

I think it all depended where you were. You were obviously very unlucky. Although nothing actually kicked off where I was walking it felt like it was bound to at some point and unfortunately in that area is was the Wiganers doing the shithousing.

The bloke I spoke to said he was one of the earlier ones to leave the ground and was walking towards the motorway along the section with the car park / train station down the grass bank to the right. About 20 Bolton lads jumped over the fence and started fighting with anyone. The blokes son in law was knocked to the ground and boots were flying in and he tried to intervene and was punched / kicked as well. You couldn't tell he had a left eye it was so badly swollen shut.

Sounds like to same group who got us. I know we’ve got our fair share of idiots who follow us too and no doubt they were causing trouble as well. This group who we came across were just targeting anyone, they probably even hit some of their own fans too as there were Bolton fans walking up next to us. The Police didn’t seem to have any idea what was going on, all they seemed bothered about as we were leaving was stopping people walking on the grass near the ground.