Hopper | Vital Football

Hopper

Me too, I thought he was unfit, carrying an injury last season, maybe he was, but he has worked really hard for the team and scored important goals and is one of the first names on the team sheet imo.

I was thinking of the attributes hopper brings to the team, as requirements for our ‘second-rate hopper‘ back up centre forward... hopper is decent in the air, takes the ball well with his back to goal. Lays the ball off well, runs the channels well. clever at buying fouls when necessary. Good strength against centre backs. High work rate. Scores a few. And useful at defending set pieces. Quite a decent all rounder really.

would be a good role-model for a premier/championship junior centre forward to learn from.

A few weeks ago there were a few on here who were saying we'd be a better team without Hopper.

I've always had faith in the management team and the role they allocated Hopper which is far more than 'banging in the goals', in that MA has been no different to the Cowleys, for whom Rheady was never as prolific as in his first season.

Hopper brings intelligence and mobility to the role, he is currently the one player in the squad who does not have a replacement, something which hopefully will be rectified after Friday.

I still have my doubts, in fact I'm still looking forward to seeing a fully fit Morton ... but credit where its due he's played well in the past couple of games (albeit against poor opposition)

I was thinking of the attributes hopper brings to the team, as requirements for our ‘second-rate hopper‘ back up centre forward... hopper is decent in the air, takes the ball well with his back to goal. Lays the ball off well, runs the channels well. clever at buying fouls when necessary. Good strength against centre backs. High work rate. Scores a few. And useful at defending set pieces. Quite a decent all rounder really.

would be a good role-model for a premier/championship junior centre forward to learn from.

Yes, a "young Hopper" would be a good signing, I think. develop him ourselves and cover for the senior version.

I still have my doubts, in fact I'm still looking forward to seeing a fully fit Morton ... but credit where its due he's played well in the past couple of games (albeit against poor opposition)

Hopper is an ok player for our current team. MA will know that if we are going where he wants us to go he won’t be good enough and he will be looking to address that.

Hopper is an ok player for our current team. MA will know that if we are going where he wants us to go he won’t be good enough and he will be looking to address that.
It's a bit like Akinde. He did his job at L2 but was changed out for Hopper who does his job (well) at L1. IF we did get to The Championship there would be a similar review of the position.