Hong Kong | Vital Football

Hong Kong

astonion2

Vital 1st Team Regular
Its all kicking off in Hong Kong. I can see this ending badly. It appears to be all the younger generation now. How long before China says enough is enough and sends in their forces. If the the ones protesting think that the rest of the world will come to their aid then they will be very disappointed.

Think China have been quite restrained so far. It's weird though, watching the clips today some of it looks absolutely mental, but I can't help thinking other bits seem staged. I think there are more press there than police and protesters!

Well China should count themselves lucky Gavin Williamson isn’t defence secretary anymore because we could’ve sent a warship and 20 troops to fend off the Chinese from our former colony.

Last edited:
Agreed, this really won't end well, because (for China and their authoritarian ways) it can't end well.

If the protestors in Hong Kong 'win' then it would filter into China.

Frightening times for them.

Watching them, it looks like they are spoiling for a fight with Beijing and if they carry on I think they will live to regret it. In the mid sixties I was there as a young soldier and loved the place. It was my first time abroad. Even back then we knew that China would take back control in 1997. I dont think for one minute that China will allow another Taiwan to develop.

One analyst remarked that Hong Kong has been occupied territory for centuries and the present situation is no different. The power centres in China are Shanghai and Beijing.

Yeah, we all know how this is going to end, but I do feel so sorry for the protesters. All that want is what the majority of the world take for granted, democracy.

At a time when the Chinese are trying to project the image of being a powerful, modern country, these protests leave them in a bit of a pickle. The could easily go in with live rounds and end the protests but it would be a PR disaster for them and destroy the progress they have made in repairing their image since Tiananmen Square.

If they give in to the protesters, they risk inspiring more protests across China by those left behind by their economic miracle.

I'd guess they have been hoping that these protests would burn themselves out but after 10 weeks, that doesn't seem to be happening.

This is a message from my wife (a Hong Konger). The situation is scary to say the least. Police completely out of control and in no control. Government is non existent and big brother China is intimidating the people.

【please spread out】

To people all around the world,

We, Hongkongers just experienced a terrorist attack planned and executed by the Hong Kong Police Force. At about 10pm today (31 Aug 2019), HK police force rushed into our railway system in Prince Edward station, got in to the carriage and indifferently beat up all the people in it regardless they are protesters or simply passengers. They ignored the weapon guidelines and fired tear gas indoor in the carriage which is in fact lethal. Also, they beat up innocent people causing them seriously wounded. Some passengers kneeled before them asking them to stop but the response they got were beaten ever harder. Meanwhile, the police haven’t arrested the passengers after they got beaten up, showing that the only purpose of their brutality was to sort their anger to violence but not dispersing the crowd.

We, Hongkongers are experiencing a humanitarian crisis and we hope that people all over the world can help us in anyways you can think of. Such as UN peacekeeping forces. Thank you and we will stay strong.

#Hongkongers #Hkproestes

This is a message from my wife (a Hong Konger). The situation is scary to say the least. Police completely out of control and in no control. Government is non existent and big brother China is intimidating the people.

【please spread out】

To people all around the world,

We, Hongkongers just experienced a terrorist attack planned and executed by the Hong Kong Police Force. At about 10pm today (31 Aug 2019), HK police force rushed into our railway system in Prince Edward station, got in to the carriage and indifferently beat up all the people in it regardless they are protesters or simply passengers. They ignored the weapon guidelines and fired tear gas indoor in the carriage which is in fact lethal. Also, they beat up innocent people causing them seriously wounded. Some passengers kneeled before them asking them to stop but the response they got were beaten ever harder. Meanwhile, the police haven’t arrested the passengers after they got beaten up, showing that the only purpose of their brutality was to sort their anger to violence but not dispersing the crowd.

We, Hongkongers are experiencing a humanitarian crisis and we hope that people all over the world can help us in anyways you can think of. Such as UN peacekeeping forces. Thank you and we will stay strong.

#Hongkongers #Hkproestes

If Hong Kongers are waiting for the outside world to help, they are going to be very disappointed.

If Hong Kongers are waiting for the outside world to help, they are going to be very disappointed.

Yup. Sad but true. Money isore important to them all, far more important than people.

Sad and scary times for them all.