Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, you’re only funding Mrs Radfords sunshine villa

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No, keep Mansfield in the lower leagues

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
I was just looking on price comparison site for home insurance renewal, and the cheapest was One Call insurance, left me in a bit of a dilemma

Without trying to push any particular one, I've got my insurance with Direct Line. No idea if it's the cheapest or best but have always been easy to deal with. Also think they are not linked to any of those comparison sites.

Without trying to push any particular one, I've got my insurance with Direct Line. No idea if it's the cheapest or best but have always been easy to deal with. Also think they are not linked to any of those comparison sites.

I'm with Direct Line as well , for house and car insurance. Have had no problems with them at all .

Currently with Direct Line, seem to rotate between them and Aviva for both home and cars. Latter currently with LV, not had any claims but just renewed with a premium much better than the other two and by the usual standards of these things, a good call centre experience including a running commentary on the Bournemouth Air Show! Don't think any of these 3 appear on comparison sites so you won't get an irritating free furry toy.

I move insurance, and pretty much every annual contract virtually every year. I refuse to call an existing provider to match the price of a new quote. Give me the best price first, or get effed off.
At present my home insurance is with "Policy Expert". 4.8 rated on Trustpilot reviews. I've been with them a couple of times before and am happy enough this time. I suppose the big test for any insurance is when you need to claim! Touch wood, I've been lucky with my home for a good number of years and haven't needed to, despite having my garden wall knocked down twice in the last 4 or 5 years.

I move insurance, and pretty much every annual contract virtually every year. I refuse to call an existing provider to match the price of a new quote. Give me the best price first, or get effed off.
At present my home insurance is with "Policy Expert". 4.8 rated on Trustpilot reviews. I've been with them a couple of times before and am happy enough this time. I suppose the big test for any insurance is when you need to claim! Touch wood, I've been lucky with my home for a good number of years and haven't needed to, despite having my garden wall knocked down twice in the last 4 or 5 years.

I was with Aviva. Then they whacked up my premium. I got a far better quote from Direct Line and then phoned Aviva to tell them I would not be renewing. They then said "oh we can make you a much better offer..".
At which point I said well you shouldn't have tried to rip me off then...too late now...oh and that 'much better offer' is still more than my new insurer.

I was just looking on price comparison site for home insurance renewal, and the cheapest was One Call insurance, left me in a bit of a dilemma

You absolutely have to pay more to keep Mansfield in L2. It's your duty as an Imp 😉

I’ve gone off Policy Expert as my wife went to visit 92 year old lady she knows and has home insurance with them . She looked at the renewal quote and had every extra going, example how many 92 year olds need legal cover etc. My wife has no responsibility for this lady but at least rang them together and got the extras removed but price was still 3 times what I’m paying.