Holohan | Vital Football

Holohan

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Has left for Grimsby. Personally, I can only wish him well and thank him for some special memories of promotion last season.

Presumably, this must mean that Morris is over his injury and will be involved going forward.

Surprised to see him go to Grimsby as I thought he could have done a job in Leagues 1 or 2. Always thought he gave 100% and sorry to see him go.

Always thought highly of Holohan and think he will be missed: a good engine and always likely to pop up with a goal. Obviously Lee has seen enough of him to exclude him from future plans and he knows far more about these things than I do as they say, "thats football". On the subject of Morris, there is no doubt he is a top quality mid fielder but his injury record over time is a bit alarming. If he is signed permanently I suspect he will miss as many games as he plays. Midfield certainly requires an overhaul over the summer break with Featherstone not getting any younger, Shelton being a bit hit and miss and Crawford the same. I suppose the positive is that we can plan for the future confident in the knowledge that we will be a FL team next season.

Fourth division players are always a bit hit and miss - that's why they're at this level. As you say Alf knowing where we are going to be next season will be a big advantage. This group of players has shown they can do reasonable well and should only need an upgrade rather than a major overhaul in the summer.