Holiday plans 2013 | Vital Football

Holiday plans 2013

chicovilla

Vital Squad Member
What's everybody's holiday plans then, this year?

I went to India in March, visiting Mumbai, Goa and Kerala. Amazing places, cheap and very hot.

In April I went to Istanbul for 5 days. Interesting place, with lots of stunning buildings. Decent nightlife too.

I've booked a trip in September, going from home (near stratford upon avon) to Krakow in Poland by train. I'm catching the Eurostar from london to Paris. Overnight train to Munich, on to Prague and finally Krakow, over a 2 week period, spending about 3 nights in each place. Then flying back to Brum.

All my trips are on a low budget, with the occasional splurge. Staying in Hostels.

It would probably work out much cheaper to just fly to Poland (ba dum tisch).

Haven't got any decent holidays planned.

been to Turkey in April for a week with the family, going to Ireland in August as the in laws own a house over there and are there now so will take the kids over to see them, then we are going Treco Bay for a week in the 6 weeks holiday and then I'm going to San Francisco for 2 nights on the way to Las Vegas for 4 nights at the end of August.

Will you get to see Villa in Dublin, Prepared?
We're going back to Dublin in 3 weeks for a fortnight. We'll just catch up with family and friends.

Went to Goa over New Year, had a week or so at the Black Sea in Romania in May, then end of July heading to Hungary for a week or so, then to Barcelona for 2 weeks, then Croatia for a couple of weeks.

Probably fit in a few more trips between Sep-Jan but nothing planned yet

Weston-Super-Mare, for one week, in August, to see my mum.

BBJ - 30/6/2013 18:17

Will you get to see Villa in Dublin, Prepared?
We're going back to Dublin in 3 weeks for a fortnight. We'll just catch up with family and friends.

not sure on when we are going, doubtful though as it will probably be Mon-Thur we are there

Nowhere I don't think. The gym has cost me twice what I thought!!

Find it the only time it is a pain being single, as most of my mates are hooked up/married etc so not so many chances of lads holidays any more!

The Fear - 30/6/2013 19:33

Nowhere I don't think. The gym has cost me twice what I thought!!

Find it the only time it is a pain being single, as most of my mates are hooked up/married etc so not so many chances of lads holidays any more!

I'm also single, my trips to India and Istanbul were solo. I will also be on my own for my Europe trip. It gives you a lot of freedom, being on your own. You can do what you want, when you want. Hostels are a good way to meet similar solo travellers.

No one is similar to me and if they were, I would not want to meet them!!

Yeah, that sort of traveling I agree Chico, not for me though, not these days with my brain aches, I'd get too discombobulated!

Yes I hear Lincolnshire is nice at this time of the year Skeggy.

As for us we are off to our caravan in Wales for 2 weeks.

Nothing big this year, going to try and have a last minute week in the Canaries in late October when i have a few weeks off.

Going to do a weekend in London for the Arsenal game in August... and perhaps for the Fulham game in December. But can't really call that a holiday.

Just done our yearly hols to Kefelonia for 3 weeks so unless I win a holiday competition (comps are a hobby of mine) that's it bar trip to see the family in Wales later in the year and any days out.

Already booked for Kef for next year as we need to book up fast for where we go in Kef as where we stay gets booked up really quickly. Was only 2 rooms left when we rang to book it 2 days after we got off holiday hence.

Half way through separate saving pot to finally get out to Canada next year to see my Daughter and her partner, which I am very much looking forward to as the blip on the landscape their of her Dad won't be their. If you knew they whole story you would know why I say that. He is getting deported from Canada next month back to Southern Ireland so he is then your problem BBJ :eek:)

Anyway that's us. Here's hoping for a holiday competition win. You have to do them to win them.

randy.stand - 30/6/2013 22:48

Nothing big this year, going to try and have a last minute week in the Canaries in late October when i have a few weeks off.

Going to do a weekend in London for the Arsenal game in August... and perhaps for the Fulham game in December. But can't really call that a holiday.

Simon you forgotten already? Half term in October lol