Holding in area!! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Holding in area!!

To an extent they do, in some cases explain why decisions were made, online. Although I admit it's not widely publicised.

The Premier League website attempts to explain why Egan was sent off at Villa whilst there was only a yellow card in the penalty where Basham was fouled; https://www.premierleague.com/news/1840580

Same here, they explain how off-sides are determined by VAR, using Lundstram at Tottenham last season as a prime example; https://www.premierleague.com/news/1488423

They should have to explain, in person, straight after the game. As you say, those explanations are well hidden, and given after having an age to consider the response and when the heat has died down.Making them appear live would sharpen them up,focus their attention on getting it right or have to come out and admit, even with all the technology available, they got it wrong.

No one likes admitting they got it wrong so it would also make them more conscious of the need to perform better. Serial offenders would soon be sifted out.

Remember, some of those decisions can be multi million pound ones, the sort something with that sort of authority and influence would be sacked for in other spheres of life.

To sharpen them up further,and to gain wider acceptance and understanding, all VAR communications should be broadcast live so that fans, both in the stadium, and on TV can see the reasoning and understand the process better. After all , if you're confident of your decision, you should be confident enough to back it up.

I realise I am taking a fairly extreme position but that serves only to display my absolute dismay and disappointment at the sham officiating we are saddled with now .

As I said above, if the aim is 100% accuracy , a level playing field, the eradication of error then you have to find ways to make that work.

Otherwise accept the mistakes and scrap it- no one ever got anywhere by accepting and condoning mediocrity.

Rugby and American Football referees have a button on their belts so they can have their decision broadcast to the crowd. Might stop us having to scratch our heads quite so much.

I think the biggest worry for them, as to why they don't explain after the match why a decision was made, is , I think, that they believe they'll be liable if they admit they got it wrong. That decision could be the difference between relegation or even a place in Europe.

Look at the Villa ghost goal last season. Nobody from VAR or Hawkeye has since commented on that goal, though I understand it that United and Bournemouth, for different reasons, are taking legal action. But imagine if they they'd have come out and admitted fault.

Another example is the VAR referee in charge of the Merseyside Derby. He 'claimed' that he didn't know he could send Pickford off. Yes he did, if he genuinely didn't, then he shouldn't be monitoring it.

I don't agree with this. The system has to be changed somehow. They won't get rid of it, its here now and cost millions to bring in, so we're stuck with it, but must find a way to make it better.

This is just my opinion but I do think they have been given a bigger licence to do what they want with no supporters in the stadiums. These wrongful decisions seem to be happening more since the restart.

I think the biggest worry for them, as to why they don't explain after the match why a decision was made, is , I think, that they believe they'll be liable if they admit they got it wrong. That decision could be the difference between relegation or even a place in Europe.

Look at the Villa ghost goal last season. Nobody from VAR or Hawkeye has since commented on that goal, though I understand it that United and Bournemouth, for different reasons, are taking legal action. But imagine if they they'd have come out and admitted fault.

Another example is the VAR referee in charge of the Merseyside Derby. He 'claimed' that he didn't know he could send Pickford off. Yes he did, if he genuinely didn't, then he shouldn't be monitoring it.

I don't agree with this. The system has to be changed somehow. They won't get rid of it, its here now and cost millions to bring in, so we're stuck with it, but must find a way to make it better.

This is just my opinion but I do think they have been given a bigger licence to do what they want with no supporters in the stadiums. These wrongful decisions seem to be happening more since the restart.
I've never believed football was corrupt or , more correctly, I've never wanted to believe football was corrupt, could be fixed or tampered with.

Now, ironically after a system has been introduced (to us) as a way of getting the right decisions, to make it fairer, I am more convinced than I have ever been that manipulation of the game IS at the heart of it.

The beautiful game meets big,big money. It was inevitable, wasn't it?

Didn;t read The People then TT?
The piggy cheats? If so,well aware of that Chips.
If not, tell me more.

Players making amateurush attempts to make a bit on the side has been superceded. That was open to chance, circumstance and events combining , along with the collusion of others.
What I'm referring to now is the authorities interfering in results, getting into murky waters via the introduction of a mechanism that allows them to do so.Now they have the means they have the temptation, the opportunity. When you have a relentless desire to control everything about your sphere of operations you'll find a way. It's called VAR

The piggy cheats? If so,well aware of that Chips.
If not, tell me more.

Players making amateurush attempts to make a bit on the side has been superceded. That was open to chance, circumstance and events combining , along with the collusion of others.
What I'm referring to now is the authorities interfering in results, getting into murky waters via the introduction of a mechanism that allows them to do so.Now they have the means they have the temptation, the opportunity. When you have a relentless desire to control everything about your sphere of operations you'll find a way. It's called VAR
No it's the large number of players form many clubs who were caught with it being the tip of the iceberg. Late the betting was on firs thrpw in and they always happened with the first 20 seconds.
Still probably happening but no one has the evidence, except the firs yellow is sometime much earlier than you would expect. (Not as quick as our Vinny though!)

No it's the large number of players form many clubs who were caught with it being the tip of the iceberg. Late the betting was on firs thrpw in and they always happened with the first 20 seconds.
Still probably happening but no one has the evidence, except the firs yellow is sometime much earlier than you would expect. (Not as quick as our Vinny though!)
Ah , yes ,remember it vaguely Chips-.similar in cricket where, now you can bet on virtually everything,you can bet on the 1st no ball etc