Hoffenheim v Manchester City UEFA - Champions League -Tuesday 2nd Oct 18:- 5.55pm UK time. | Vital Football

Hoffenheim v Manchester City UEFA - Champions League -Tuesday 2nd Oct 18:- 5.55pm UK time.

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
On Tuesday we set out for Germany to play our away game to Hoppenheim, the game kicks off early at 5.55pm UK time and is as usual these days being shown BT Sport (if you have a subscription for those who live in the UK) but it may be broadcast on Radio 5 live and on Radio Manchester via the OS.

City Team News
Aguero - doubtful
, he has been carrying an injury from the Newcastle game and was subbed midway through the 2nd half against Brighton after scoring and adding to his record goals tally.

Mendy- doubtful has a metatarsal injury, we would know more but we were late getting any information on this

Bravo - out - Claudio not likely to feature for some time for City but we send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery

De Bruyné - out , Kevin is definitely on the mend but will not feature this month unless he improves faster than thought.

Hoppenheim
At the beginning of the 1990s, the club was an obscure local amateur side playing in the eighth division Baden-Württemberg A-Liga. They steadily improved and by 1996 were competing in the Verbandsliga Nordbaden last season after loads of investment since the 90s they finish third in the Bundesliga and currently play at Wirsol Rhein-Neckar-Arena Capacity 30,150

Their First game in the Champions League was a creditable draw away to Shakhtar 2-2, but apart from that they have sneaked in under the radar.

It is a must win for City so expect a strong team to compete away but there may be a surprise inclusion in the side.

I am going for

Ederson
Danilo, Kompany, Stones Delph
Gundogan, Sané Foden, Bernardo, Fernandinho
Jesus

I think Pep will not want any major injuries before weekend.

Up Next Liverpool away 7th October KO 4.30pm (will Liverpool allow another hostile reception)

Am going to miss this one too........unless I can sneak a look at BT Sport App on my phone as I have agreed to work that evening Hitting

I cannot argue with that pick - I think Pep will want to keep Aguero fresh for the weekend & will be looking for a fast start against our German opponents. None of the lethargy witnessed at home v Lyon.

Could be time for Jesus to hit his straps and really get his scoring boots on.

Great chance for Foden if he starts - will Pep place the faith that he has expressed in words into action by selecting him to start?

On Tuesday we set out for Germany to play our away game to Hoppenheim, the game kicks off early at 5.55pm UK time and is as usual these days being shown BT Sport (if you have a subscription for those who live in the UK) but it may be broadcast on Radio 5 live and on Radio Manchester via the OS.

City Team News
Aguero - doubtful
, he has been carrying an injury from the Newcastle game and was subbed midway through the 2nd half against Brighton after scoring and adding to his record goals tally.

Mendy- doubtful has a metatarsal injury, we would know more but we were late getting any information on this

Bravo - out - Claudio not likely to feature for some time for City but we send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery

De Bruyné - out , Kevin is definitely on the mend but will not feature this month unless he improves faster than thought.

Hoppenheim
At the beginning of the 1990s, the club was an obscure local amateur side playing in the eighth division Baden-Württemberg A-Liga. They steadily improved and by 1996 were competing in the Verbandsliga Nordbaden last season after loads of investment since the 90s they finish third in the Bundesliga and currently play at Wirsol Rhein-Neckar-Arena Capacity 30,150

Their First game in the Champions League was a creditable draw away to Shakhtar 2-2, but apart from that they have sneaked in under the radar.

It is a must win for City so expect a strong team to compete away but there may be a surprise inclusion in the side.

I am going for

Ederson
Danilo, Kompany, Stones Delph
Gundogan, Sané Foden, Bernardo, Fernandinho
Jesus

I think Pep will not want any major injuries before weekend.

Up Next Liverpool away 7th October KO 4.30pm (will Liverpool allow another hostile reception)
I think Zinc will keep his spot at LB and that Delph will come in for the Dippers.

We need to declare ourselves to the rest of the teams that the game against Lyon was a huge lesson for us.

I think we underestimated the opposition, that because we are Champions not to mention Centurions Teams will up their game to try and beat us and we did not field our strongest team.

Delph reportedly unavailable through injury for the Hoffenheim game and possibly the weekend.

Sounds like they will be well prepared and I expect a high press based on how they say they have.......

“worked on a perfect match plan to actually annoy Guardiola and try to hurt them”

Let’s hope Pep’s backroom team have done their homework as well and that the squad have Pep’s debrief after the Lyon game ringing in their ears. There is zero room for complacency despite Hoffenheim squarely positioning themselves as underdogs.

Fuck these 6 o clock kick offs, it's going to cause trouble in my house, get in from work at 6 and get to spend a couple of hours with the kids before their bedtime, this kickoff time just throws a spanner in the works so likely won't be watching or if I am it will be on but I won't be able to just relax and watch. :mad:

Fuck these 6 o clock kick offs, it's going to cause trouble in my house, get in from work at 6 and get to spend a couple of hours with the kids before their bedtime, this kickoff time just throws a spanner in the works so likely won't be watching or if I am it will be on but I won't be able to just relax and watch. :mad:
Lunchtime for me, so I'll only have to work an hour late.:wahey:

It's the only one for us in the group stage - not that it does any good for you here, Dub.

Down here it's the time the SAS start their raids, so will watch the full match replay while I have my breakfast making sure I have the radio off so I don't inadvertently hear the scores.

Do you think it might be because we are centurions and the best team in the land? Perhaps it should be taken as a compliment - I've yet to see any 'How to stop Huddersfield' or 'How to stop Southampton' articles.

*Due respect to Terriers and Saints fans but you know what I'm saying...

Down here it's the time the SAS start their raids, so will watch the full match replay while I have my breakfast making sure I have the radio off so I don't inadvertently hear the scores.

I am thinking of trying to do a ‘Likely Lads’ myself this evening as I will be at work when the game is on. Hopefully I won’t have to resort to hiding in unoccupied houses or empty church’s to avoid the score! Chances are my resolve will weaken & I won’t have the willpower.......:surrender: