Hobbies besides football.... | Vital Football

Hobbies besides football....

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
What do you guys like doing besides the obvious obsession with The Mighty?

Myself, in no particular order, like;

Rugby League - since moving over here am now a dyed-in-the-wool rugby league tragic. Completely obsessed with the North Queensland Cowboys and travelled over 4,000km last year to watch their opening game at their new stadium.
Guitar - Been a guitarist since the age of 13 and have played in a number of bands (generally punk/new wave) - nobody famous I'm afraid - and still pick up the guitar every day to annoy the neighbours.
Golf - Used to play weekly until frozen shoulder injuries and Dupuytren's contracture in hands but still like to have a hit when it allows. Love the game on TV too.
Renovating - Have renovated 12 houses for profit in the 25 years we've been here and it still gives me a buzz. Have just sold our house again and currently looking for a new project.
Railways - Prompted by the post the other day, yes I'm a railway tragic. Love the railways, their history, their effect on the World and still love visiting those hallowed places...

What about you lot?

In no particular order, chess, cycling, scrabble, gardening, reading, writing, history, architecture, music, festivals, cooking, eating, sex, eco activism, trees, travel, the first coffee in the morning, wheeling and dealing, rugby union, cricket, arguing with Australians, wild swimming , wild places, high places....

In no particular order, chess, cycling, scrabble, gardening, reading, writing, history, architecture, music, festivals, cooking, eating, sex, eco activism, trees, travel, the first coffee in the morning, wheeling and dealing, rugby union, cricket, arguing with Australians, wild swimming , wild places, high places....
Do you have time to breath?

Plus Art house films, foreign language ones especially and European crime drama on the box. Have binged on The Bridge and Spiral this lockdown.

BTW Bob, this is a potentially great thread. Made me reflect on how I spend my time, what gives me the greatest satisfaction etc.

I wish I could claim dual nationality with an EU member state. By the way Bob, I have a touch of Dupuytrons which fortunately manifests only as an interesting hardened and prominent tendon. Doc says it is unlikely to develop further but it is a gene marker among viking populations. We should go on a raid sometime.

Dupuytren's certainly is hereditary. My dad and my nan had it. Mine started out as hard lumps in palm although hasn't yet extended to finger curl...

Thanks guys. Very distressed and the lockdown coupled with his Mum's death hasn't helped him. Spoke again just now and he seemed a bit more positive. Could write a great film script with him as a central character.