HMV Sale | Vital Football

HMV Sale

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
just saw on the Martin Lewis email doo dah...

On ALL blue cross items (incl Bose)
Starts Fri
HMV emailed customers saying it's running a huge 2for1 on "blue cross" items in-store from next Monday. Yet we've been tipped off its likely to be brought forward to this Friday, 15 Mar 2013.

Details are scant, and everything's a bit hush-hush at the moment, but what we do know is that everything with a "blue cross" sticker will be included. Obviously, the cheapest item will be free.

Many items within the blue cross sale are already at least 20% off. On our visit, we saw masses of products including DVDs, books, headphones and computer games/accessories. We even saw a pair of Bose speakers (see picture below - these are rarely reduced) down to £143.99 (£199 originally) - 2for1 on those would be huge!

Of course, we have no idea how good this will be overall - but wanted to tip you off so you can check it out if it's good for you.

This sale may only be in selected stores, so consider ringing ahead if you're making a special trip.

Sounds good. I really need a blue cross, I've been after one for ages.

So if I can get 2 of them for the price of 1 then it'll be my lucky day!

I'm very sad about HMV, but still I suppose we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Agreed Wurzel, was talking to a lad I know in there (he works there to clarify!) and said each time I go in and buy now, I feel like a vulture!

I got my self some new sennheiser headphones in this. Got 40% off them. Amazing deals at the min in there. The docking stations are coming down loads.

Ok, serious question.

What do the Blue Crosses actually mean?!?

Just been into HMV Solihull, and there are loads of items in there with blue cross stickers on, but not a single sign anywhere in store explaining what the blue crosses meant, or a single available staff member free to ask.

No wonder they have gone bump.

Also why is everyone feeling sorry for them and feeling like vultures? These are the same fcukers who drove the small independent music shops off the high streets!

Fcuk em!

Reduced by a certain percentage across all items? Or does the price label already have the reduction factored in?

I probably would have bought some CD's if it was clearer, but oh well saved me a few quid

what the fuck am I, HMV spokesman or something? Just click my adverts and fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :17:

Yeah, think it is a % off the price on it. I bought a Tony Iommi book t'other day... didn't realise but it ended up cheaper at the desk.

Apparently though, as per first post, tomorrow (or Monday as they aren't sure) it becomes 2 for 1 or whatever.

My problem is, with so many cds, I've really got all the back catalogue stuff I'm likely to want!

The Fear - 14/3/2013 15:48

what the fuck am I, HMV spokesman or something? Just click my adverts and fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :17:

No wonder they have gone out of business with their spokesman using language like that. Tut Tut Mr Fear.

I live in Tamworth, and our shop is one thats closing down, have just been in and yes there are hundreds of items with the blue crosses on, some of the stuff already has 70% off. Really busy in there so did'nt get to ask anyone about the offers. I have got to go in to town again tomorrow so will have another look.

The shame of it for the Redditch is they weren't on the list, got all pleased and then were told they were closing anyway.

DeanoVilla - 14/3/2013 14:13

Ok, serious question.

Just been into HMV Solihull, and there are loads of items in there with blue cross stickers on, but not a single sign anywhere in store explaining what the blue crosses meant, or a single available staff member free to ask.

Also why is everyone feeling sorry for them and feeling like vultures? These are the same fcukers who drove the small independent music shops off the high streets!

Fcuk em!

I agree that HMV have been part of the problem for Independent stores, but far worse were the supermarket's, and downloading. I'm sad because it is yet another nail in coffin of physical musical product. I despise downloads and what they have done to music.

Popped in this morning. and asked the guy what the blue crosses meant and he said 2-for-1

Unfortunately nothing I wanted had a Blue Cross on, so I left empty handed.

Had a look today, got a couple of albums that were pricey normally, but this offer made them affordable.

DeanoVilla - 15/3/2013 11:44

Popped in this morning. and asked the guy what the blue crosses meant and he said 2-for-1

Unfortunately nothing I wanted had a Blue Cross on, so I left empty handed.

That's why you take a blue cross sticker off something you don't want and put it on something you do !!

Wurzel - 14/3/2013 17:46

DeanoVilla - 14/3/2013 14:13

Ok, serious question.

Fcuk em!

I agree that HMV have been part of the problem for Independent stores, but far worse were the supermarket's, and downloading. I'm sad because it is yet another nail in coffin of physical musical product. I despise downloads and what they have done to music.

I think that in addition to the reasons you've given for the demise of the independent there are at least a couple more:

Firstly I blame the record companies: they sell us vinyl records, then sell us the same record on CD, and finally attempt to charge us for the same thing on download; once they released music in a form that was digitally copyable record shops were doomed.

Secondly eBay and Amazon have made big dents in their businesses. What's left in Birmingham now? The Diskery is still going and Swordfish is clinging on by its fingertips but that's about it.

Yes agree tmg, it has been a perfect storm of greed that has enveloped the music business, from record companies to retailers, to those who steal music in downloads, all gread and all killing the thing I love.

Just been dowm my local HMV, it looks like its been visted by Scousers, shelves are bare!