Hindleymon | Vital Football

Hindleymon

loudmouthblue

Vital Football Hero
Just to let you know we are encamped in Benidorm for the next 3 nights, at least, we are on the closest camp(so I am told) to the town, we will see how we get on with the dogs first before we decide if we staylonger.

The camp is called El Camping Raco and is in the Ricon de Loix area on the road up past the Benidorm Palace, so my neighbour tells me, we will explore tomorrow.

Stayed many times in that area...Levante Club and Flamingo Oasis. Across road is the rock and roll bar which is good but the dogs are probably going to scupper that. Do you leave them ?.. can they be left or do you take them out ? Either way I love my dogs and I guess you do or they wouldn't be there so I already know your mooching will probably be in the day time. There's also a little Yorkshire Pride and Beer Friends nearby both decent. Walked round all those sites up there in readiness for when I obtain my next motor home ( wife permitting ).

PS...I like the Beer Friends for Saturday afternoon footy but the choice is massive further down.

Just to let you know we are encamped in Benidorm for the next 3 nights, at least, we are on the closest camp(so I am told) to the town, we will see how we get on with the dogs first before we decide if we staylonger.

The camp is called El Camping Raco and is in the Ricon de Loix area on the road up past the Benidorm Palace, so my neighbour tells me, we will explore tomorrow.

Just street mapped it to confirm but there is a smaller site further down ( towards sea ) right next door to Benidorm Palace but the site you are on is a big un. We have walked all the way round it and the pool area and facilities look excellent. Hotel deloix is opposite but we have never stayed that far up. Perfect if you and the dogs like walking. I'm guessing you'll head down towards the front...lovely walk along sea front with old old tiki beach bar now reopened under a new name. Anyway as you walk down hill you'll pass the 1st red lion ( theres more ) turn right at the indoor market. You will then pass Sol Palicano which doubled as the Solano in the tv series...at the little island veer left past Morgan's bar and john and Joseph's. The ambassador hotel on right and the variety of sports bars is huge...wall to wall footy or rugby union this morning ...all these roads lead to old town which is lovely. Its lively its rowdy at times but the atmosphere is superb and packed with northern English and Scots intent on having a good time.

Enjoy.

When we searched for sites on the programme that is built into my camper sat nav that one near the palace said no pets so we are here, not sure my knees and my old Dalmation will make it all the way walking to the sea front and we dont leave them but there looks like plenty of places just outside the camp gates to feed and water us.

The dogs are one of the reasons we don't normally come to places like this, but we thought a couple of days might give us an inkling into what we can do.

Yes those bars up there are slightly up from our usual but if you can make it to Flamingo Oasis area ( wifes favourite hotel ) the bars opposite are decent.

Couple questions...what size van you have. Do you have cover in case engine let's you down. How are dogs travelling cos ours are shocking. All questions for my future ventures.

Plus Benidorm is a dog loving dog friendly place so most bars will accommodate you.

Our van is 7.65m long, it is 4 years old now but only 20 k on clock, we will upgrade this coming year hopefully I want an auto same as my other vehicles. Dogs have taken to it like a ducks to water they were not good travellers prior to getting a MH as they didnt do much.

7.65 m works to just over 25 feet ...problem I had 15 years ago was that it was only 18 feet and we couldnt get comfy in it. Brand new van annall but no air-con although Luton bed over cab was a full sized one and superb. Wrong van wrong time we were both working long shifts at the time so didn't make use of it. Lost 7k on it in 2 years but you have to try. A telly is a must as well for those darker nights.

It's not all sunshine and roses Jock, well not the roses bit, bit too hot for me at the moment. :cool::cool::cool:

Oh if only.....been pissing it down here for seems like weeks. Those motor homes ain't cheap lads so uz must be brewstered eh ££££££££

Let's hope you fulfil your dreams, Jock! You could be limited in how far you can go, though! Still, the UK is a beautiful country...even with the rain

Let's hope you fulfil your dreams, Jock! You could be limited in how far you can go, though! Still, the UK is a beautiful country...even with the rain

Limited in what way Notts.....yep def some lovely places to see in the UK from deep down south to way up north, on our doorstep yet I always opt for sunnier climes, shame really.

7.65 m works to just over 25 feet ...problem I had 15 years ago was that it was only 18 feet and we couldnt get comfy in it. Brand new van annall but no air-con although Luton bed over cab was a full sized one and superb. Wrong van wrong time we were both working long shifts at the time so didn't make use of it. Lost 7k on it in 2 years but you have to try. A telly is a must as well for those darker nights.

Ours is pretty much perfect for our needs, fixed island bed at the rear, front lounge seats, we have two TV's (one in bedroom) like I said before it's because I want an auto.

I tried to post you a pic but the file size of the photos on my phone are too big for posting on vital and I cannot find a way to reduce them like I can on my computer.

Limited in what way Notts.....yep def some lovely places to see in the UK from deep down south to way up north, on our doorstep yet I always opt for sunnier climes, shame really.
JOCK so far we have done Spain, France and Portugal in ours, we went to Ireland for a month in May, first time with the MH although been going there for too long to remember, we do short bursts around the coast of Britain Monday to Fridays if work allows, we work weekends to fund our trips, We have done Scotland a few times, had a week on Orkney, fabulous, did the NC 500 - Inverness round the north coast back to Inverness and can honestly say the nicest place we have visited, most spectacular scenery, peaceful and most wild life is without any shadow of a doubt Sutherland.

JOCK so far we have done Spain, France and Portugal in ours, we went to Ireland for a month in May, first time with the MH although been going there for too long to remember, we do short bursts around the coast of Britain Monday to Fridays if work allows, we work weekends to fund our trips, We have done Scotland a few times, had a week on Orkney, fabulous, did the NC 500 - Inverness round the north coast back to Inverness and can honestly say the nicest place we have visited, most spectacular scenery, peaceful and most wild life is without any shadow of a doubt Sutherland.

Have you heard of Mallaig ( west coast, near Fort William) - lovely area, did a few weeks outward bound course with army....stunning scenery, rural with some lovely beaches n rivers. Would like to go back to see how its changed ( if any!!).

I'm thinking post-brexit, Jock...No guarantees for EU international travel in the future any longer with our blue passports!

Ours is pretty much perfect for our needs, fixed island bed at the rear, front lounge seats, we have two TV's (one in bedroom) like I said before it's because I want an auto.

I tried to post you a pic but the file size of the photos on my phone are too big for posting on vital and I cannot find a way to reduce them like I can on my computer.

Is it worth giving up perfect just for an auto.

Re ur photos, think u can down load photo image size app to ur phone which will do it for u??