Hillsborough | Page 4 | Vital Football

Hillsborough

There's your problem then... :p

“I just felt depressed, and that wasn’t like me," he later admitted to the Daily Mail.

“I had to bluff I was gutted, and that wasn’t like me ... in reality I was a City player first & foremost when they signed me from Huddersfield, and went out on the lash with Mike Summerbee in the Northern Quarter afterwards to celebrate” he later admitted to The Guardian.

25 year season tickets really are potentially ruinous to long term revenue streams,especially when you factor in inflation. As has been said,its doubtful there will be a long term anyway for the clubs in question.Has there been any evidence anywhere of supporters still using Life/Long term season tickets purchased many years ago ? This idea seems to get bandied about periodically when clubs get in trouble,but do many get sold ?

Division 1 final table season 73-74
position 19th. Birmingham points 37
position 20th. Southampton points 36
position 21st Man Utd points 32
position 22nd Norwich points 29

2 points for a win, bottom 3 relegated.
Birmingham beat Norwich on the last day 2-1 having beaten QPR 4-0, 4 days previously. This is what relegated both Southampton & Man Utd.
Man Utd lost their last 3 games by 0-1 v Everton, Man City & Stoke. The Dennis Law thing was just a good story but it made no material difference.

“I just felt depressed, and that wasn’t like me," he later admitted to the Daily Mail.

“I had to bluff I was gutted, and that wasn’t like me ... in reality I was a City player first & foremost when they signed me from Huddersfield, and went out on the lash with Mike Summerbee in the Northern Quarter afterwards to celebrate” he later admitted to The Guardian.

I'm seeing no relation to that and the number of points Birmingham achieved...

Another points deduction for the wendies and the possibility of all their squad buggering off!
Why on earth is Barry Bannan still wasting his talents there, he's far too good.

Talking of fake news - I don't think the 'Northern Quarter' will have been a thing in Manchester in the early 70s, and certainly not an area to go on the lash and live to tell the tale?

Talking of fake news - I don't think the 'Northern Quarter' will have been a thing in Manchester in the early 70s, and certainly not an area to go on the lash and live to tell the tale?

The Auto Club on Richmond Street which was one of George Worst’s favourite haunts is geographically situated n the Northern Quarter I do believe? :cheers:

Last edited: