Hignett Sacked | Vital Football

Hignett Sacked

I just cannot fathom this. Yeah we've had some poor results but we haven't been battered. I thought Higgy would be given at least up till Christmas. I don't quite remember when he was given the job but I have a feeling he has had less than a full season. I feel a heck of lot of sympathy for him, he has worked his bollox off for Pools. I can only guess Raj has someone lined up to step straight into Higgy's shoes. Hmmm absolutely shocked to the core by this.

We can only hope for a speedy appointment, given the unexpected nature of Hignett's departure I doubt it will materialize!
From Raj's statement on club website, it would appear that the sacking was a consequence of poor results. This would confirm that there isn't a replacement waiting in the background. Hopefully, recruitment of a new manager will be better than last time - Richard Money!

Personally I don't care who gets the role, so long as they instill a winning, competitive mentality.

Last edited:
Anybody going to Aldershot tomorrow should be looking out for prospective managers in the crowd, or perhaps in the directors box with Raj and Mark!

My money is on an early appointment next week, followed by the sack a week later after an early exit from the FA Cup.

Surprisingly little conjecture as to who is being considered for Hignett's replacement, even the Hartlepool Fail isn't running any stories about potential contenders!