Hignett and Money swap Roles | Vital Football

Hignett and Money swap Roles

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Well I don't know what to make of this. Hignett now in charge of the team while Money moves upstairs. As long as we can start winning a few games I guess most Poolies wont care one way or the other.

Back in the day the term would have been 'there's a rabbit off'.

Personally I think the tail is wagging the dog and the deadwood are calling the shots, therefore the answer is simple.... remove the deadwood and bring in better players, someone was on that, we seen it v Harrogate. Kabamba, Molyneux and Raynes improved the team. Whoever brought those in is in the right role whether it was Hignett as whatever he is or Money as whatever he is.

We are still saddled with the same players and once a gain an upturn in fortunes won't be down to good management it'll be down to players turning up when they feel like it, unprofessional in the main and Singh should be looking at these before knee jerk reactions regarding reshuffles. They're extracting the urine and as soon as he realises this they'll be moved on.

If we don't beat Braintree convincingly it will prove a point ...the players or most of them have been here too long, aren't up to it, cannot shake off the losing mentality and it's spreading like manflu through the rest of the group.

The worse players v Harrogate were those who have been here a while, familiarity breeds contempt, and the better players were the new blood coincidence? I don't think so, the tail wagging the dog almost definitely.

As soon as the decision was made to reshuffle Hignett's days as pools manager became numbered, those familiar with the current set up will turn on him, if he doesn't make the decision to release them first.

Saturday promises to be entertaining probably until the game kicks off. Not for me I've got something better to do.

As pantomime season draws to a close...

…may the farce be with you :red:

Not sure the more established players are taking the pee I think it is more they are just not good enough. Harrogate used the press to good effect on Saturday: Magnay and Featherstone have always had a tendency to give the ball away and the more pressure put on them the worse they get, hence the miserable showing in front of the TV cameras. I would argue that both of them need to be shown the door asap. Kitchen is also very poor but he has youth on his side so might be worth persevering with. Basically a major rebuild is required because with one or two exceptions, the players Bates kept on or brought in are just not up to the standard required for the National League.

On the subject of Kabamba. That header that was saved in the first half was absolutely top drawer, I don't recall seeing any Pools player doing that for many a year.

As I said a while ago I don't think the problem is with the players entirely. They showed early in the season they can play well. I also don't subscribe to the idea the players can't be bothered. They are professional athletes and will want to do their best.

You have to accept that players at this level are not very good. Yes they are a bit better technically than the players of Dog & Duck United and fitter but not very good by football league standards. They make mistakes and, crucially, are prone to lack of confidence. Harrogate and Telford don't have better players than us overall.

Getting rid of several more of the current players will solve nothing and could make things worse depending of just how poor the incomers are.

The most important thing a team at this level can have is good coaches who know their players strengths and weaknesses and how to put them together. As I've said many times Brian Clough was a master at this. Then they have too keep that up by maintaining confidence.

At present HUFC players, as well as not being very good, are low on confidence. I don't understand what's happening with Money and Hignett but somebody has to get into the players minds and sort them out.

I have seen some shocking errors by Pools players over the last couple of seasons more often than not leading to conceding goals. I don't recall opposing players making these types of errors so either they are better players or we don't put them under the pressure they put us under. Magnay has made more than his share of "cock ups" If it hadn't been for his intervention we would have beaten Gillingham. In the Doncaster game he played the ball to their player so their goal was not disallowed for off side. On a number of occasions he has lost the ball but been rescued by Loach or someone else making a recovery tackle. He has been a great servant to the club but he is now a liability in my opinion.

Last edited:
Now on official sit Money has gone and "didn't want to cause the club any financial problems" Good. I don't know how HUFC management didn't see through him in the first place.

Higgy said before he doesn't want the job full-time so now we have to look for another manager.

From what has been in the Mail, it sounds like Hignett is now happy to be the manager on a permanent basis. The team he played on Sat seemed to be moving in the right direction but it is early days.

Generous of Money to walk away without seeking a payoff.
I suspect after arriving at Pools, despite his previous record, he realised that the task was beyond his current capabilities.
Good luck to the guy in his retirement.

Honestly thought he had more about him. Perhaps after the Solihull saga he needed to prove to himself whether or not he still had the appetite for it, any question marks have probably now been well and truly erased. :red: