Highlights | Vital Football

Highlights

The OG was a howler of monumental proportions- was there today and it looked a standard back pass at the time. Seeing it again, even more so. Vickers completely misread it.

You really see the difference in class. They had three or four excellent players. Much more composure and control, plus the speed and accuracy of passing. Great standard to be learning from though, and gives DC/NC clearer ideas about what we need for the next step up. Coming games will
provide even more useful learning. Easy to be critical of some of the Imps players but its early days yet. Lets see as we get nearer to Accrington. Bit worried about Vickers mobility, and Chapman needs to learn how to tackle and win the ball. Hope his sending off last year has't affected him too much ?

Early days. Players will get fitter and sharper. Need a striker. Main concern is Vickers; may well have stopped the second if positioned a bit better or down a bit quicker, and the third speaks for itself. Plenty of time to get set up for the season. Very good side, Wednesday. Pitch heavy, or was grass long? Ball seemed to be holding up. Looking forward to August.?

Early days. Players will get fitter and sharper. Need a striker. Main concern is Vickers; may well have stopped the second if positioned a bit better or down a bit quicker, and the third speaks for itself. Plenty of time to get set up for the season. Very good side, Wednesday. Pitch heavy, or was grass long? Ball seemed to be holding up. Looking forward to August.?

Ball wasn't holding up for Wendies was it??

Vickers has gone from hero to zero then, maybe he should have a break and look his sick girlfriend? Maybe that is playing on his mind who knows? We are very unlikely to get another keeper, ,both are young with Vickers being the younger of the two and they will improve, unless the goalkeeping coach isn't that good?

Thanks for the highlights. Based on watching these Wednesday obviously a class above but they looked to have the run of the ball too. Sometimes it happens. 2nd half we looked to have gained some confidence and on another day some of those would have gone in. I can see why Danny said he gained more from this loss than the three previous wins. Cut out the mistakes and we'll be there, or there abouts. UTI.

The header that hit the bar was o’connor, not rhead. That through ball at the end, by Payne I think to Andrade , is the type of pass we have been missing.

Wednesday looked a hell of a lot better than their last pre season visit around 12 months ago so it’s no shame to lose to a much better technical side.

I thought all the new guys acquitted themselves well and we played some really nice stuff, with a bit more luck we could have easily had 2 or 3 goals (though SW hit the woodwork 3 times too.)

Hopefully some lessons will be learned about mistakes some players made individually, but players will always make errors during games. It’s nigh on impossible to have a perfect game and DC often says he learns more from being beaten than easily winning. I doubt we will come across many sides like that too often in League One.

The OG was a howler of monumental proportions- was there today and it looked a standard back pass at the time. Seeing it again, even more so. Vickers completely misread it.

What concerns me a little is how slow he looked to react. Get these mistakes out the way now

Our first match against proper opposition and we looked rusty. No surprise there. Let's see how we are against Accrington with a couple of extra players in.

On the basis of these highlights there’s a huge gulf in class - you can absolutely guarantee Danny will be aware of it and will want to close the gap between us and the league above, which should only help to make us more competive.

Yeardlys' OG was one of the better ones I've seen over the years,although he was himself blameless.It was a perefectly reasonable backpass,it was just that Vickers seemed to lose his bearings.Not only that he seemed to get tangled up in the net afterwards so it wasn't really his day.

However it still does not compare to David Carrs' OG against Bury in 1980 who lobbed Felgate from 40 yards with no pressure on him.