High Street Stores & Other Businesses At Risk | Page 20 | Vital Football

High Street Stores & Other Businesses At Risk

An analyst on Sky has just said that Philip Green is more interested in keeping his personal wealth than rescuing his own business and couldn't care less about the staff.
No doubt the greedy fat **** will put them into administration leaving the supply chain owed tens of millions whilst he hides on his ship in Monaco .

Mike Ashley wants to buy Arcadia's brands.

That's definitely the end of them then.

You'd have to wonder what he's thinking. Debenhams hasn't gone well for him but I can't imagine anyone could make that work. Top Shop was my go to clothes shop 20 years ago. It's been on the slide since then. H&M seems to have stolen their thunder but all of these places seem to have a pretty short life cycle.

You'd have to wonder what he's thinking. Debenhams hasn't gone well for him but I can't imagine anyone could make that work. Top Shop was my go to clothes shop 20 years ago. It's been on the slide since then. H&M seems to have stolen their thunder but all of these places seem to have a pretty short life cycle.
I thought he bailed out of buying Debenhams? I know he bought House of Fraser and made a mess of that though.

I can only think he wants to hold the government., landlords and unions to ransom.

If there was buying power from owning lots of brands from the same bunch of suppliers I’d get it, but I don’t think that exists when your spread thinly from bicycles to fast fashion.

He must have so many layers of average managers below board level running these business who would’ve in their original form had well paid execs who truly believe in the brand.

Ashley get's hold of decent brands then destroys them.

He's trying to do the same with Hugo Boss even though he doesn't own the brand. Someone in the industry told me that HB refused to sell to him but he's getting their products elsewhere. Same for Lacoste.

The trick to retailing now is keep changing the brand every 5 years before it becomes stale. These people have the prime locations, they have the staff, the supply chain but for some reason they continue to flog a dead horse.

I buy virtually everything from Amazon and there must be millions of others who do the same.
I'm killing the high street and shopping malls, do I care no not a jot.
Shopping is for women and should be banned in this day and age. Look at all the jobs I'm creating in Amazon warehouses, which are just as well paid as shop jobs but you won't be able to stand around all day awaiting a customer

Not this woman: I'm a male shopper, my late Mr K K was a female shopper.

We would go out together go for food and then either see each other back at home or meet back up after an hour or so and go home together.

I am also happier shopping online. I dont want to do shops. They have people in for starters. I'm not really a people person

I don't want to do rails up on rails of looking at clothing and so on.

Give me my laptop, tablet or mobile and I will happily shop online.

I will browse more online than I ever did in shops.

I don't care either. It was 30 years time the blueprint for the High Street was Hairdresssrs, barbers, beauty spa's, cafe bars, restaurants etc. The rest will be parks and homes.

That has come forward by 15-20 years with Covid19.

Online also creates work too

Not this woman: I'm a male shopper, my late Mr K K was a female shopper.

We would go out together go for food and then either see each other back at home or meet back up after an hour or so and go home together.

I am also happier shopping online. I dont want to do shops. They have people in for starters. I'm not really a people person

I don't want to do rails up on rails of looking at clothing and so on.

Give me my laptop, tablet or mobile and I will happily shop online.

I will browse more online than I ever did in shops.

I don't care either. It was 30 years time the blueprint for the High Street was Hairdresssrs, barbers, beauty spa's, cafe bars, restaurants etc. The rest will be parks and homes.

That has come forward by 15-20 years with Covid19.

Online also creates work too
Yep we are getting lazier by the day I'm glad I was born 57 years ago so hopefully I won't be around when all you have to do is press a button to get your arse wiped and the rain forests have been stripped bare to make coffins the size of a Mini Cooper.

Pets at Home and Wickes have joined Marks & Spencer in deciding to close their doors on Boxing Day as a “sign of appreciation” to their colleagues after a strenuous year.

The retailers have said their staff should take the time off to spend with their families after working hard during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Pets at Home and Wickes have also joined the likes of John Lewis, which has a long tradition of closing on December 26 and starting its Sale online-only until the following day.
“As a small but tangible sign of our appreciation, I have decided to close all of our stores on Boxing Day this year to give our colleagues much-needed time with their families and loved ones,” Pets at Home boss Peter Pritchard said.
Last year, Homebase, Aldi and Home Bargains had joined the list of retailers closed on Boxing Day.
Meanwhile, Next, whose Boxing Day Sale attracts lots of customers, confirmed it will be open for business as it said it is able to operate safely and already has experience handling an in-store sale amid the pandemic.

Yep we are getting lazier by the day I'm glad I was born 57 years ago so hopefully I won't be around when all you have to do is press a button to get your arse wiped and the rain forests have been stripped bare to make coffins the size of a Mini Cooper.

I get where your coming from however online shopping does give you the opportunity to shop with independents too.

Many independents have virtual stores with/in Amazon, eBay and Etsy

The majority of companies large, branded and well known and independents are able to still work, provide a service and employ people for online.

Amazon, eBay, Etsy for independents and so on all provide platforms for small businesses so it isn't all bad

I get where your coming from however online shopping does give you the opportunity to shop with independents too.

Many independents have virtual stores with/in Amazon, eBay and Etsy

The majority of companies large, branded and well known and independents are able to still work, provide a service and employ people for online.

Amazon, eBay, Etsy for independents and so on all provide platforms for small businesses so it isn't all bad
Wasn't having a go at you directly KK and I do a lot of shopping on line but me being an out and out townie for me the high street is an institution I love the diversity it's weird and wonderful show it puts on every day plus the social aspect of bumping into friends and family and I think it will be a sorry day when it's gone.You see kids now who only come out the bedroom for a piss or go to school and they have absolutely no social skills whatsoever and I fear that's how society will become a world of ignorant lazy keyboard warriors at least when you go round the back of a pub for a scrap it restores social order.

LOL at back of the pub and social order! For me it means I can shop wherever I want.

As I have mental health issues (more managed today rather than they manage me) I can't cope with crowds anyway.

Never been my thing going to the physical shops either

Yes I can see your concerns and why though. I still think the kids will hang out together on street corners though in the towns and cities

Not looking good for the staff

Sir Philip Green's retail empire could collapse within hours, as a senior source at Arcadia Group told the BBC they do not expect any last-minute rescue deal.

The company, which includes Topshop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins, is set to enter administration on Monday.

That would put 13,000 jobs at risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55089327

Green is a nasty piece of shit but of course it won't affect his wealth. How he has kept his knighthood is beyond me. He will be happy to walk away.