High Street Stores & Other Businesses At Risk | Page 31 | Vital Football

High Street Stores & Other Businesses At Risk

How can it be legal for the owner to have taken £100m out of this company weeks before it goes tits up owing this much money.

We have proceeds of crime legislation now, I'm not calling this a crime, but it's high time there is something similar for owners (shareholders) where anything within 12 months of going bump is instantly and utterly reclaimable so creditors get a far better reimbursement.

May not be a crime, but taking that amount out so close to going bump tells a story.

Didn't Phillip Green see action taken against him for similar on the pensions front?

We have proceeds of crime legislation now, I'm not calling this a crime, but it's high time there is something similar for owners (shareholders) where anything within 12 months of going bump is instantly and utterly reclaimable so creditors get a far better reimbursement.

May not be a crime, but taking that amount out so close to going bump tells a story.

Didn't Phillip Green see action taken against him for similar on the pensions front?
Last paragraph, yes.

There was a rise in new outlets opened by UK chains last year.......

But they were not enough to outweigh the places where chains shut up shop, new figures show.

The result was a net decrease of 5,000 in stores across the UK.

(The report mentions bubble tea shops... what on earth are they!!)

When will high streets catch on to what people have been saying for 20 years... they have to be re-invented, make living accommodation which then opens up the chance for local coffee shops, bakers or whatever. Or even if it doesn't lead to much extra shop wise, at least it doesn't leave ghost towns.

There was a rise in new outlets opened by UK chains last year.......

But they were not enough to outweigh the places where chains shut up shop, new figures show.

The result was a net decrease of 5,000 in stores across the UK.

(The report mentions bubble tea shops... what on earth are they!!)

When will high streets catch on to what people have been saying for 20 years... they have to be re-invented, make living accommodation which then opens up the chance for local coffee shops, bakers or whatever. Or even if it doesn't lead to much extra shop wise, at least it doesn't leave ghost towns.

My kids love bubble tea. It's very popular here.

Bubble tea is a tea-based drink that originated in Taiwan in the early 1980s. Taiwanese immigrants brought it to the United States in the 1990s, initially in California through regions including Los Angeles County, but the drink has also spread to other countries where there is a large East Asian diaspora population. Wikipedia
Alternative names: Boba; Pearl milk tea; Boba milk tea; Boba tea; Boba nai cha; Tapioca tea
Main ingredients: Tapioca, milk, creamer, brewed tea, sugar, flavorings
Place of origin: Taiwan

Now then, you see, the question wasn't 'who has kids who love bubble tea'...

It was what on earth is it.

You disgust me, that is what I am basically saying. :ROFLMAO:

It's tea which is full of sugar and has what they call tapioca pearls in it, these little black chewy balls.