Hey old people | Vital Football

Hey old people

weejockmcplop

Vital Champions League
Hi old people.
This is what us youth like these days.
Its like your 80s music but it sounds fucked up.

Enjoy, all you
127236628_1699570946911902_2666022107810376444_n.jpg

s

Make that 60s music and make sure you include the Rolling Stones, the list is endless.
The Rolling who?

What are you on about?

Guitars? Jesus Christ man you may as well be extolling the virtues of smearing dye in the shape of a bear on the wall of a cave. The only way to use a guitar is ironically (see above).

Its all about vaporwave these days. Yes, spelled like that too.

I've just rolled on your U Tube clip and played Bob Dylan's "My back pages" which is the same recording I've heard a number of times before.

Leaves your choice for dead.

I've just rolled on your U Tube clip and played Bob Dylan's "My back pages" which is the same recording I've heard a number of times before.

Leaves your choice for dead.

Hehe I actually hate Bob Dylan.
I'm more of a Pink Floyd/King Crimson kinda guy. Dylan's voice is irritating and harmonicas are bullshit. Good lyrics though.

Hehe I actually hate Bob Dylan.
I'm more of a Pink Floyd/King Crimson kinda guy. Dylan's voice is irritating and harmonicas are bullshit. Good lyrics though.

Sounds as though you're halfway to having a decent view of my kind of music. One of my sons bought me a Pink FLoyd CD years ago, I was already a fan and it still gets played, and I still enjoy it. Dylan's voice irritates everybody who hears it and that includes me even though I have over 30 of his CDs. Most of his music hits the right spot and I include harmonicas in a general sense.
We've had a young Irish female rellie staying with us for a few months and she's well up with Ministry of Sound type stuff, she was surprised when she saw my collection of the same sort of music.
On the other hand I've never heard of King Crimson. Takes all sorts.

I'm a Bix Beiderbecke fan. You can't get much older than that.

I can.

Don't get carried away, you're not the only one, I've got several CDs of his and the same records to go with them.
Do you have any of Frankie Trombaue's stuff ? (Spelt wrongly but too late in the day to start looking it up.} It's very similar, and good.

And it all still gets played.

I can.

Don't get carried away, you're not the only one, I've got several CDs of his and the same records to go with them.
Do you have any of Frankie Trombaue's stuff ? (Spelt wrongly but too late in the day to start looking it up.} It's very similar, and good.

And it all still gets played.
I've got most bands of that time mostly now downloaded from I Tunes. Nothing much before the mid Twenties when the recording equipment was rubbish (1 microphone suspended from the ceiling).

I've got most bands of that time mostly now downloaded from I Tunes. Nothing much before the mid Twenties when the recording equipment was rubbish (1 microphone suspended from the ceiling).

Interesting. I came out of the army and found that my young brother was interested in that sort of music to the extent that he'd invited an American young bloke to stay, I still remember my mother's words " he was a Negro". Times have changed since then, thank goodness but I picked up the liking for that sort of stuff and still have a stack of it. And I still enjoy it.
In those days there were a few local bands who tried to play the same sort of music, to varying degrees, with one in particular who used to play in a pub just up on the righthand side of Mansfield Road. I remember in particular because I was seeing a bit of a girl who was keener than me at the time and I managed to unload her onto the band leader and eventually they were married. Made my day.
Bix was the start of it all and still plays a part.

Interesting. I came out of the army and found that my young brother was interested in that sort of music to the extent that he'd invited an American young bloke to stay, I still remember my mother's words " he was a Negro". Times have changed since then, thank goodness but I picked up the liking for that sort of stuff and still have a stack of it. And I still enjoy it.
In those days there were a few local bands who tried to play the same sort of music, to varying degrees, with one in particular who used to play in a pub just up on the righthand side of Mansfield Road. I remember in particular because I was seeing a bit of a girl who was keener than me at the time and I managed to unload her onto the band leader and eventually they were married. Made my day.
Bix was the start of it all and still plays a part.

My Dad bought a radio gram with short wave radio band. I managed to tune into every night a week to the Voice of America Jazz Hour hosted by Willis Conover, a jazz purist and to this day still my favourite DJ. He not only opened my eyes to Bix but everyone else up to Bird & Miles.

My Dad bought a radio gram with short wave radio band. I managed to tune into every night a week to the Voice of America Jazz Hour hosted by Willis Conover, a jazz purist and to this day still my favourite DJ. He not only opened my eyes to Bix but everyone else up to Bird & Miles.

Sounds as though you had a pretty good intro to jazz, I tried hard to like modern jazz but eventually gave up, the more I tried the worse it seemed to get until I reached the stage where I'd actually formed a dislike to all of it no matter who was playing. On the other hand I grew to appreciate the big bands of the time, still feel compelled to play Duke Ellington's "Take the A train". Hits the spot every time.
I ended up buying a very expensive Yamaha stereo receiver 25 years ago and just using a pair of headphones, that way I don't annoy anyone else. Had it cleaned 2 months ago, it's as good as new, not often I spoil myself.

Sounds as though you had a pretty good intro to jazz, I tried hard to like modern jazz but eventually gave up, the more I tried the worse it seemed to get until I reached the stage where I'd actually formed a dislike to all of it no matter who was playing. On the other hand I grew to appreciate the big bands of the time, still feel compelled to play Duke Ellington's "Take the A train". Hits the spot every time.
I ended up buying a very expensive Yamaha stereo receiver 25 years ago and just using a pair of headphones, that way I don't annoy anyone else. Had it cleaned 2 months ago, it's as good as new, not often I spoil myself.

Billy Strayhorn's "Take The A Train" used to boom out every night as the signature tune of "The Voice of America Jazz Hour". As regards the different forms of jazz " It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing". Jazz did go into an evolutionary cul-de-sac with Ornette Coleman & his like but did recover & to this day as Tadd Dameron would say "The Scene is Clean".