He's one of our own... | Page 2 | Vital Football

He's one of our own...

I think that the one certainty is that he will leave if we do not win anything this season. He will also probably leave if we don't qualify for the CL next season. As one of the best in Europe, irrespective of Club loyalties, he will rightly feel entitled to play with and amongst the best in Europe. So, after we win the Europa League and therefore qualify for the CL, the problem's solved and everybody's happy.

That's the best scenario. The worst case scenario is that he gets another lengthy injury, which contributes toward wrecking our season. He would probably still want to leave, but there won't be any buyers prepared to pay our price, given that his future fitness will increasingly be a gamble. Harry may well then stay with us, but it may be a case of everybody loses. Even more important then, that he should miss a lot of game time this season in matches we can win without him, albeit that he probably won't be too pleased about it.

Lets just enjoy him while he is here and sleep well in the knowledge that IF anyone thinks they have a chance, they will be funding our transfers for the next 5yrs.

Personally I am hoping that him and Jose are reworking his game to prolong his career and they develop together for spurs. This deeper role where he can assist and score is exactly what he and spurs need

The other question, potentially more important that what Kane's intentions are, is who will have the money to get him?

It would be terrible to sell to another club in England. But out of the English clubs only the Manchester ones are likely to be able to afford him. And then only City is likely able to match his ambitions (unless there are dramatic changes at United).
Bayern aren't going to spend big on him.
The Italian clubs won't either.
Is Kane really interested in playing for PSG?
The stories from Barca make it sound like they wouldn't have the finances to stretch for him.
That leaves Real. But if you look at the forwards they have been linked to it is Mbappe and Haaland. As good as Kane is, are they going to be willing to spend (potentially more) to get Kane when a younger and faster Haaland is available? I'm not so sure.

The big unkown in all of this is what conversations have taken place between Kane's agent and Levy. Do they have a "gentleman's agreement" in place?
Was Kane part of the conversation that brought Bale back on loan?

I know we going around and around with this all the time; the top end players do not live in our context and trying to put them into it is a waste of time.

They operate and think in a rarified atmosphere, their monthly expenses don't look anything like ours, but are none the less just as pressing at times. Of course, they can live at much lower levels and still have an incredible life - but their agents and they simply do not think and operate like that.

Well maybe if they thought for themselves and stopped competing with their pathetic mates about who has the best car and house they would realize they don't need to behave that way.

I wouldn't have an agent. Toxic scum.

Well maybe if they thought for themselves and stopped competing with their pathetic mates about who has the best car and house they would realize they don't need to behave that way.

I wouldn't have an agent. Toxic scum.

You would. It just depends on who you choose to represent you. Do you want to sit across from Levy and negotiate your contract?