He’s consistent Rafa I’ll give him that. | Page 2 | Vital Football

He’s consistent Rafa I’ll give him that.

I hear what both yourself, vin and most of the others are saying marky I just don't think it's as black and white as you make it (aye my humour is shite).

The very thing that sets us apart from most fans and has people from all corners of the globe talking about us is the very thing that makes us more vulnerable than most to someone like Ashley.

He targeted our club because he knew that the 15-20,000 who would walk could easily be replaced in terms of glutes on seats.

No offence to anyone but slagging fans off for the very thing that has helped put our city on the map is a bit rich imo.

As for Benitez,in the 12 years Ashley has been with us he is hands down employee of the decade.

The perfect foil and manager for what the owner intended.
Can he get another one ? we will soon find out....or maybe not as **** number two is still here.

Pie - he's only employee of the decade because he's a bloody good manager.

Other than a new owner there's only one set of people who can get rid of Ashley and it's not past, present or future managers.

When Rafa goes,a new manager will come in.Someone like a Carver,McClaren or a Pardew.These were perfect managers for Ashley.We were letting 3,4,5 on the odd occasion 6 goals in.Losing derby games to the mackems.
Why were they perfect,because we were all focusing on the results being as bad as they were it took the focus off Ashley.
As for fans getting slagged off,too right in my opinion.I couldn't give a shit if that upsets people as I dont care what anyone thinks.If someone says we are loyal I dont care.They say we are bad fans,dont care.
I care about Newcastle United.I never went for a pat on the back from anyone.Hand on heart Pie,and you must agree,the media love Ashley BUT since Rafa has been here more and more people are starting to realise what he is doing.
Just a shame our so called fans refuse to see or do anything about it.Rafa has turned more than a few heads against Ashley,that's why the Ashley apologists when having a dig start with a dig at Rafa.
Our problems are not down to Rafa Benitez to sort out.They are down to the fans.

Pie - he's only employee of the decade because he's a bloody good manager.

Other than a new owner there's only one set of people who can get rid of Ashley and it's not past, present or future managers.
He's not as good as Pardew vin....

Haway man where's yer humour :grinning:

I agree to a point marky but while Pardew has factually been the most successful manager under Ashley there is little doubt Benitez is the most popular in both the eyes of the fans and most importantly the fat man.

Ashley has shown that he does feel the heat and we know he is extremely sensitive but he's having an absolute ball at the moment and that's not down to the fans because before Rafa turned up he was under pressure of sorts.

Now he doesn't even need to spend money.

I wonder if Ashley really wants him to stay? Not sure.

That aside Benitez will never find a better job than his current position. Adored by the fans, paid a kings ransom and zero pressure. if he wins its down to him and if he loses its Ashley's fault. If he can find a better job he should take it.

I wonder if Ashley really wants him to stay? Not sure.

That aside Benitez will never find a better job than his current position. Adored by the fans, paid a kings ransom and zero pressure. if he wins its down to him and if he loses its Ashley's fault. If he can find a better job he should take it.

Why CT what's your train of thought ?

He can fuck off at the end of the season and no doubt walk into another job. In the process sticking it up the fat knacker, and hoping the fans turn on him by not going to the games.

The fans won't blame Benitez one little bit and hopefully will blame fatty, and do something about it.

Why does anybody expect event a b or c to suddenly trigger a revolt from fans ? It's not going to happen. A few on here are already going again proving Ashley's methodology is sound.

Well if that’s true Pie, and he’s given next to zero funds to match the absolute zero ambition, that would make him totally complicit.

52000 will be happy if true.Means they will carry on to be bummed by Ashley for the foreseeable while chanting Rafas name.Good times ahead for them,while the rest of us carry on to watch the life slowly strangled from the club.Fuck the club,Rafas staying.

No you would not turn down that pay packet but having accepted it why continually moan about the deal you have been given and go on a crusade.
Nobody forced Rafa to sign and stay and he knew the situation.
Perhaps the money, being close to home and no pressure has its merits in his eyes

Well if that’s true Pie, and he’s given next to zero funds to match the absolute zero ambition, that would make him totally complicit.
We will need to add an L or two when using that word to describe raffa's complicity status Finn.

I have him at totallllly complicit as things stand.