Here's a daft question that came up | Page 2 | Vital Football

Here's a daft question that came up

We didn’t have to share beds but we always shared the room, right up until I left home.
That was normal in those days.

Funnily enough, I was chatting with my youngest last week about similar and told him I never had my own room and he said he couldn’t remember not having an en-suite.
I said I could remember not having a tv and he said that he couldn’t remember not having Sky.

Oh how times have changed in a single generation.

Kids today ............
I wonder what he'd think about mother coming in the bedroom in the morning to wipe the frost off the windows before it melted?

Had to share with my son when in Blackpool a few years back when I was given a double room in error. It wasn't a great experience he always ends up diagonal in a large bed .I feel sorry for his future missus.

It all made you feel ill?!

The only bit I found nauseating was the bit about the adolescent jokerman getting the horn for his nylon nightie clad young aunt. Could have done without that bit!

Did you ever tell her, jokerman? Not at the time, I mean later in life!
Actually, not all. In fact the young aunt was probably the best bit. :-)

I wonder what he'd think about mother coming in the bedroom in the morning to wipe the frost off the windows before it melted?
My mother didn't bother wiping the frost off. Shared bedroom with my two brothers but had a bed each. We was spoiled. In winter the inside of the windows would be thick with frost. We were allowed a leccy heater for a few minutes each morning. We'd heat up old pennies and put them on the windows to melt the ice into penny shapes.

Tell that to the kids today...........blah blah

What I do envy of the young generation is the ability to follow scores by the minute. I used to be close to passing out with stress watching the teleprinter on BBC at 4.45pm.

My mother didn't bother wiping the frost off. Shared bedroom with my two brothers but had a bed each. We was spoiled. In winter the inside of the windows would be thick with frost. We were allowed a leccy heater for a few minutes each morning. We'd heat up old pennies and put them on the windows to melt the ice into penny shapes.

Tell that to the kids today...........blah blah

What I do envy of the young generation is the ability to follow scores by the minute. I used to be close to passing out with stress watching the teleprinter on BBC at 4.45pm.
I shared a bunk bed with my younger brother .I was on the top bunk.Until I fell out a few times Hitting.My elder brother had the single in the same room.Our room had no problem with heating. But the house hold never had a car.

Chris who - are you my brother? Same room (3 boys, one bunk bed and a small single), being the eldest I had the single bed. Looking back with hindsight, I bet that room stunk something rotten. Boys smelly feet, the usual bodily functions and me wanking :help:

We didn’t have to share beds but we always shared the room, right up until I left home.
That was normal in those days.

Funnily enough, I was chatting with my youngest last week about similar and told him I never had my own room and he said he couldn’t remember not having an en-suite.
I said I could remember not having a tv and he said that he couldn’t remember not having Sky.

Oh how times have changed in a single generation.

Kids today ............

Ha, I said similar to my kids the other week. Told them I remember when there was 3 tv channels. Channel 4 starting was a big thing. My youngest looked at me quizzically and said “what about YouTube?” I told her the internet hadn’t been invented. She laughed and said” boring, what did you do all day!”

Re bedrooms,
I had to share a room with my brother til the age of 11, then my parents moved to whitstable and I got my own room, yippee! Loved it!

Now, my kids (8 and 12 yo girls) have their own rooms and bathroom, yet prefer to sleep together and use my bloody en-suite.

You just couldn’t make it up.......

Chris who - are you my brother? Same room (3 boys, one bunk bed and a small single), being the eldest I had the single bed. Looking back with hindsight, I bet that room stunk something rotten. Boys smelly feet, the usual bodily functions and me wanking :help:
I did live in South London but was born in North West London.I have never lived near Rotherhithe.

Ew, far far too much information 😳

No need for the police to get involved with this Nobby. I think wanking is still permitted, it's just sex with a visitor that's now illegal, I believe.
:-)
I wasn't thinking legally, I was thinking more about the moral code between us chaps. That's just wrong 🥴