Here we go.... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Here we go....

Obviously worth noting whether he made an impact coming on as a sub agaisnt tired legs or whether he'd do the same as a starter.

I suspect just like in the rugby, our 'finishers' are just as important as the starters and you don't want to swap them around too quickly on the basis of one performance.

Dont forget many people thought the first half was some of the best football theyd seen of the tournament so far, of which the starters were all key to that.

Good point, however if we are the progress/ achieve anything you could argue that the players need to be interchangeable- we will never achieve anything with only 11 players worth picking.

Had a good chat with a England fan returning from Russia on a train home from London yesterday. Loved it out there, people really friendly and no trouble. Probably the closest I will get to holding world cup tickets as well. Lucky man flies out again at the weekend for the next two games.

I've thought all along that there wouldn't be too much in the way of trouble (although it's early days yet)
Putin doesn't want the world cup spoiled by hooligans as he wants the Olympics so must prove they can run a major event and let's face it, what Putin wants, Putin generally seems to get.

Good old British Press. Prior to South Africa and Brazil's Football World Cup's, don't go; you will all get mugged and are quite likely to get killed- then nothing. Prior to any Olympics, the venues and accommodation won't be ready.

Would you like a list ?

Spain, Portugal, Mexico, Belgium for starters.

You know Brazil, Argentina and Germany will improve as the tournament goes on.

I think there is a big difference between England and those teams. Work rate will only get you so far.

None of the "better" teams are still in the World Cup, what a crazy competition it must have been! Come on England!!!!

I'm obviously loosing touch with reality. England have been playing ok in this world cup but nothing amazing. Just quietly going about their work. Now somehow we are in the semis. If someone asked me to, i couldnt explain (apart from the bleeding obvious) jhow they,'ve done it. Not complaining just apparently living in a parallel universe.

None of the "better" teams are still in the World Cup, what a crazy competition it must have been! Come on England!!!!

I guess that's the problem with putting something in writing.

It has been a crazy world cup and more than happy to proved wrong.

All about tonight now and then hopefully Sunday.

Still think Belgium were one of the best sides in the tournament but not saying anything about Germany improving as the tournament went on ?

What ever happens tonight they have done us proud.

England to win in a shootout is my guess. Based on that we should coast it 5-0