Here we go! | Page 189 | Vital Football

Here we go!

What difference do you notice from Brexit then?
You were one of the posters who was going all Henny Penny, so tell me. Has the sky fallen in as you were promised by project fear, or are you wising up to being suckered for years?

I think for some eg fisherman, food exporters, fashion exporters the sky has pretty much fallen down, add muscians to that. Things we could do before, move and work, we cant do as easily or as cheaply. We have already seen more jobs move out than move in atm. Its not the apocalypse but not seeing any benefits either and bearing in mind the money spent and the big promises i think people might have hoped for more.

image.jpg

image.jpg

brexit-lies-vote-leave.jpg

You should add #distractions #desperate

What difference do you notice from Brexit then?
You were one of the posters who was going all Henny Penny, so tell me. Has the sky fallen in as you were promised by project fear, or are you wising up to being suckered for years?
Feco and Paz have told you their personal issues.
I've told you that my institution / researchers are having to pay a lot more for their visas as a result of Brexit (in one case despite coming from Japan).
Many of us have paid more for goods shipped from the EU and/or not been able to order from the same suppliers.

These are just microscopic personal stories from a tiny subset of people. Have you even seen the news other than that reported in the telegraph and spectator? Get your head out of the sand and acknowledge that real people are facing problems.

Why not simply help the sector by reducing duty?
If the goal is to reduce tax on sales of booze then we already had plenty of ability to do that without leaving the EU.
Another headline. Irrelevant again. Keep trying though,

They could have always done that, but we can now reduce VAT too.

Brexit bonus, you see.

So let's be clear, we could always have reduced costs for pubs/breweries but hose not to. Having another mechanism is utterly irrelevant.

It's a bug bear of mine actually. Beer duty in the UK is among the highest in Europe and I think 1 in every 3 pounds spent on beer goes to HMRC.
Zero rating VAT would be instant and also a feather in the cap for a Get Brexit Done government wanting to advertise the benefits.

I agree though, more should be done regarding beer duty in general.

You were complaining about prices potentially going up after Brexit, now you're gnashing about cheaper goods. Keep the wailing consistent at least.
Same price, cheaper quality, cheaper to make than in the UK, consequent job losses. Sorry it wasn't clear enough for you. You'll be wailing then.

It's a bug bear of mine actually. Beer duty in the UK is among the highest in Europe and I think 1 in every 3 pounds spent on beer goes to HMRC.
Zero rating VAT would be instant and also a feather in the cap for a Get Brexit Done government wanting to advertise the benefits.

It does look like classic distract-the-masses tactics while the walls fall down around them. Classic Daily Mail headline stuff.

How is it a feather Iin the cap for Brexit when we've always been able to reduce costs?

But you do agree that calling the 20% reduction in tax to HMRC a brexit benefit is utterly meaningless brexit-wash if they retain taxation that they could have removed at any time?

But you do agree that calling the 20% reduction in tax to HMRC a brexit benefit is utterly meaningless brexit-wash if they retain taxation that they could have removed at any time?

It is meaningless in effect to the net reduction in taxation, if we overnight zero rates VAT on on-sales of beer, yes.
It is meaningful as it will be framed as a Brexit bonus to score political capital for a Get Brexit Done government.
The average ‘Spoons drinker will swallow it with alacrity after reading this very thing on the beer mats they sit their Brexit-induced cheaper beer on.

It is meaningless in effect to the net reduction in taxation, if we overnight zero rates VAT on on-sales of beer, yes.
It is meaningful as it will be framed as a Brexit bonus to score political capital for a Get Brexit Done government.
The average ‘Spoons drinker will swallow it with alacrity after reading this very thing on the beer mats they sit their Brexit-induced cheaper beer on.
I think you are actually recognising the Tory tactics. Excellent progress.