Here we go! | Page 128 | Vital Football

Here we go!

This from someone who can see how much devastation this will cause for the next generations of musicians

"The Tories have rejected my union’s proposal, backed by hundreds of thousands of signatories, for a musicians’ passport to tour the EU without the need for visas, carnets and work permits for each individual state. This will render touring completely financially unviable for all but the biggest, most mainstream acts.

In all the mountains of messages of support I’ve received for my writings on this issue there were a couple of snide remarks along the lines of ‘you should have been more successful then, shouldn’t you?’

I’ve never spelt this out before, but I’m going to now.

And this is not about or for me, I’ve had my time and it has been absolutely fantastic.

It’s about people a third of my age who think like me. And there are many.

Since the age of 23, for 39 of the 40 years I’ve been Attila the Stockbroker, I have earned my living doing what I love, exactly in the way I want to do it, with no compromise whatsoever. That is not only an incredible privilege (born of a lot of hard work, mind you) but is the very definition of ‘success’ for me.

I’ve never wanted to be part of the mainstream, be ‘a TV celebrity’, do some bloody radio 4 game show. I come from the DIY punk scene. My goals, well and truly met, were John Peel sessions, strange underground TV broadcasts and eclectic overseas college radio - and, most importantly, thousands of gigs in as many interesting places in as many interesting countries as would have me. (About 3700 in 24 so far.)

I wanted to do literally everything on my own terms. I have done and still do. DIY. Complete control, even over this song!

That’s my choice, the choice of many performers of my original DIY punk generation, and still the choice for many creative people in many different art forms today. It may feel a bit swamped in a modern world where ‘being a celebrity’ is a career goal for many, but it’s still very much alive.

Since 1992 that choice was made vastly easier by EU open borders. It’s now been taken way from us. The underground, the experimental, the bloody-minded, the minority: cultural boundary-breakers of all kinds, now halted by physical boundaries imposed on us by mainstream politicians voted for by mainstream celebrity-worshipping consumers of mainstream culture who tell us ‘we should be more successful’.

Bollocks to the lot of them. "

The EU should offer free travel to people who voted remain.

Yet another Remainer lie exposed. How many times did they insist that Brexiteers were being "absurd" in describing the bloc as a federal superstate?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/21/eu-diplomat-row-shows-brexiteers-right-brussels-does-aim-become/

Should we accept that the EU is a sovereign nation and afford it privileges and rights as set out in the Vienna Convention? Even though the EU is not a "sovereign nation"?

But if the EU is now openly identifying and behaving as a country, what does that say about the 27 member states within its jurisdiction?
Can they really be considered full independent nations too?
Can sovereignty over the same matters be said to reside in EU institutions and national ones simultaneously?

"True intellectual consistency would demand that were the EU’s demands to be acceded to, Mr Raab would need to call in 27 European ambassadors and tell them they were being downgraded to provincial emissaries no longer entitled to ignore parking fines or tax demands."

Will we tell the German ambassador that he only represents a province within the EU, and must give up his privileges?

The irony of all this is quite amusing.

Right so we’ve got an economy in the toilet & almost every single Brexit lie has been exposed but you are worried about embassy’s & happy British fish. Rees moggy mogg should be forced to go round to all the racists & ***** who voted for this shit & explain where the £350 million for the NHS is, if we want to start talking about lies.

I assumed someone would have put this, it is Brexit news. Weirdly haven’t seen it in The Guardian either.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...s-nissan-competitive-advantage-boss-declares/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55757930

Anybody checked in on that Femi chap? He must be absolutely devastated.

Good the shit deal that the butcher managed to get made this possible, granted they fucked over the fishermen & countless others to get said deal but at least Nissan haven’t closed down, yet....,.

I assumed someone would have put this, it is Brexit news. Weirdly haven’t seen it in The Guardian either.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...s-nissan-competitive-advantage-boss-declares/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55757930

Anybody checked in on that Femi chap? He must be absolutely devastated.
The environment is no better than it was before brexit.

Also,
"In the five years to 2016 [investment in the UK car industry] averaged £3.5bn per year. In the four years since it has averaged around £1bn - a fall of 71% at a time when the technology and map of car production are going through their biggest revolution since the car was invented."
I realise and concede that some investment will have been on hold during the uncertainty. Do you think the brakes will now be released and we recoup the losses?
I'm only surprised you haven't trumpeted the £1bn as a huge brexit dividend of investment.

The environment is no better than it was before brexit.

Also,
"In the five years to 2016 [investment in the UK car industry] averaged £3.5bn per year. In the four years since it has averaged around £1bn - a fall of 71% at a time when the technology and map of car production are going through their biggest revolution since the car was invented."
I realise and concede that some investment will have been on hold during the uncertainty. Do you think the brakes will now be released and we recoup the losses?
I'm only surprised you haven't trumpeted the £1bn as a huge brexit dividend of investment.

Tesla is bigger that the top seven car companies combined. The speed of change is exciting for people getting into the industry. This Nissan deal is more important for perception and investment in the industry in the long term.

This off facebook so no guarantees but purports to be from a transport company. If true, what a cock-up!
"Templar European Logistics

1tSspon8sornideddh ·
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
So Big Daves week goes from bad to worse , wait till you get a load of this !! Gets to clear customs on Monday night gets told incorrect LRN code so parks at his favourite cafe gets clamped £187 release fee .....he has a Kent pass so goes back to try and clear again on Tuesday morning and again gets refused so a night at Ashford truck stop £30 so same again yesterday so another night at truck stop £30 so day after a lot of shouting we get another LRM as the original has expired and the lovely customs guys say everything ok but there is a box not been ticked and they are at capacity so cant do it tonight
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
so Dave says ok ill come back tomorrow pulls out before he is kicked out were the nice VOSA man stops him finds nothing wrong and fines him £300 for not having a valid Kent pass
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
Well ill pay nothing id rather go to jail as we run our business spot on and this is just the final straw this week we have lost over £10k in time and same again in loads ! The Great British nation are the laughing stock of Europe and drivers are bearing the brunt
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
1f92c.png
i will be writing to the press tomorrow and telling them what a joke it is ! One truck 3 days same numbers and cleared 7th attempt nothing different from the 1st
1f937_200d_2642.png
#rantover"

FT reporting brits now paying more money for less choice on european wines.

Isnt this likely to be the case stretts for other food and drink as well?

As if he cares he will be playing golf in his chinos and Pringle diamond patterned sweaters and drinking champagne out of his caddy

Money is not a barrier for him and for some of us but some of us have a conscience and think about the damage this is doing to millions

Bottles of wine are now going to have a massive mark up lets say a bottle of Red

4 Euros
£12

I would guess would be the difference

Last edited:
FT reporting brits now paying more money for less choice on european wines.

Isnt this likely to be the case stretts for other food and drink as well?

Leffe’s big bottles have gone up to £3.50 I might as well go out for a pint, oh no I can’t do that as the butcher has fucked that one up as well.

It is only a matter of time (and not that much time) before Brits start to realise why we wanted to be in the EU in the first place.

The problem is, when you have had loads of little benefits for decades you lose sight of what things are like without them. Brexit voters genuinely didn't believe us that prices would rise and they imagined it wouldn't matter if they did. But it really, really does.

Now we know.

This isn't going to get better. Brexiteer Brits will hang on for the rest of Johnson's premiership waiting for these amazing international deals to kick in. They will eventually realise that those deals make absolutely zero difference to their lives and their costs, primarily benefitting the wealthy who wanted Brexit in the first place.

For years we argued with the Britain haters that free movement was an important freedom and a privilege that gave us many benefits.

For years we told of the struggles entire industries would face if we left the single market and customs Union but no the experts were telling lies and we should believe in the supernatural

For years we warned about the cumulative impact all of this would have at once and that was before Covid even though some warned on here that this scenario could happen and it would makes things worse if possible

We were slapped down at every turn, told we were bitter and couldn’t get over the result.

Those who claimed to be patriots, who claimed to represent the working classes, who led the Brexshit charge from the top, led us to this chaos with their legions of bootlicking pions

They weren’t pursuing it for the people, it was a cult-like ideological fantasy. It has ended up costing us dearly, and generations upon generations will pay the price.

The fishing industry is in complete meltdown. Fuck em

The farming industry is in complete meltdown. Fuck em

Haulage industry is in complete meltdown. Fuck em

They are drowning in red tape, causing huge tailbacks at the border and stopping fresh produce and other foods from entering within a timely manner.

There are a few more fuck ems to be handed oiut

Musicians and artists are signing petitions to gain some kind of free movement access to the EU, something the British government rejected in the negotiations.

Massive lorry parks have destroyed countryside, creating huge traffic problems and day long waits with fucking worse to come

Some supermarkets and takeaways have simply not got the same access to foods, which means people are having to go without. This not only hurts us, the consumer, but also the profitability of these businesses.

We are getting daily reports now of regrets from the arseholes that we fucking warned time after time after fucking time

Parcels to and from the EU now carry extra charges. It now costs more, I have to fill in a customs form

So, to summarise, Brexit hasn’t benefit anyone except the billionaires and millionaires that pushed for it and got their good little oiks to do it for them

I wonder if leave voters realise that the milky way is our galaxy and not just a chocolate bar

I think we know the answer